Lake Charles 2017

customtouch

whitetrash148 said:
Oh well, see ya'll in Wheatland. Its only a 12 to 14 hr. drive from Lubbock, remind me again how much fun this is.

I thought you did it because of all the money you make from it!!!  think.gif :smile29: :smile14: LOL!!

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
whitetrash148 said:
Hey don't let these clothes fool you, I've made millions racing boats. That's why I race River Racer. LOL
clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

jimsplace

It has been my observation that every time SDBA starts to get their act together, they get tied into a larger organization that make PRO boats the emphasis, and then SDBA looses its identity.
The larger organization also requires a large up front payment to include their name.

Perhaps Lake Charles was not a good idea to begin with.  The talk about shutting down boat traffic reminds me of a scheduled race a number of years ago that was cancelled as the race was beginning.  I don't remember if it's the same place, but if shutting down a busy lake is required, it won't happen.

It appears there are more outlaw races showing up, which are primarily open boats only.
NJBA seems to have a good following and they are primarily open boats.
I'd like to see SDBA take a step back and return more to what they used to be.  It might not be national, but it was a good place to race.  Perhaps it would help bring back more interest to the events.  In other words, make it an event that most of us can relate too.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the big guys too, but I go see or crew for someone I know, or to watch boats that I relate too.
I don't go, to maybe see a fuel boat run and maybe make a full pass.

I'd much rather see a couple of pro gas flats run, but all of those classes have been killed off, sorry to say.
    :smile17:

Knotty Girl

I like to watch the pro boats, however good ol boys that have a hot rod and not a lot of $ is very cool to watch. My .02. We work as hard if not harder to get to the track and run.  I look at my crew (which is the best) and the EFFORT they make. They get nothing but appreciation and the love of the sport. That to me is true sportsman.  clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif