Lake Buchanan, Upper Lake Travis Ramp Access

Skotz

OK, some of this is self explanatory.....LOW WATER on both, lots of ramps with out water, but where could a person put in?.....I live fairly close to Buchanan.
Thanks for the input.
Skot

Skotz

John said:
LBJ  :smile16:

Awww man, on LBJ, I don't have to figure out where all the hidden stumps are.....haha....there just seems to be something drawing me to Buchanan and Travis.....used to live on Travis and enjoyed "exploring" up past Lago Vista.....and having to learn the "bottom maps"......to save props!!!

scarabscs

Ive been wondering about Buchanan.  I pass there every time im headed out to West Tx, and its low as hell!

Skotz

scarabscs said:
Ive been wondering about Buchanan.  I pass there every time im headed out to West Tx, and its low as hell!

I flew over it on the day that we had the solar eclipse(it was cool), and noticed a couple of fishing boats being put in on the long "jetty, island" that can be accessed from the west side, but didn't know if it would be feasable for a larger boat.....straight in off the shallow sand/gravel shore

Skotz

Found a private ramp...now I'm gonna have to learn the quirks of that lake...tree teps in the strangest places...whew
Was fun to be back on the water.
Now working out little things on the new boat.

Skotz

Just put in a Lorance E4 dsi
Wow, Lake Buchanan has some interesting stuff down there...and shallow where ya think its deep

Becket

Skotz said:
Wow, Lake Buchanan has some interesting stuff down there...and shallow where ya think its deep
What is it? Whats down there?? Inquiring minds want to know!!   think.gif

Skotz

Gas-Hole said:
Skotz said:
What is it? Whats down there?? Inquiring minds want to know!!   think.gif

Fricking TREES......I mean the whole thing!!!.....40 plus feet of them......ackkkkk.  Looks like good deep water, go check the top of a tree sticking out in the middle......40 to 50 ft deep. Really bizzare. I used to run Lake Travis day or night....gotta do a real learning curve to try that on Buchanan when it is 23ft(50% of volume) down.
Sounds like a "challenge" to me.....haha

Skotz

Just tried Marble Falls...free ramps...warm water...tubing friendly...small...shallow on right, on first curve upstream from ramps.