Lake Boat

WFO

Just thought I would ask, what is considered a lake boat? Is that anything you can drag to a body of water make 1 pass then sit on shore or a boat that will cruise the lake all day or what?

Carnivalride

WFO said:
Just thought I would ask, what is considered a lake boat? Is that anything you can drag to a body of water make 1 pass then sit on shore or a boat that will cruise the lake all day or what?

Anything you can drag out to the water and have a good time with. Hopefully it's good for more than one pass but isn't it the socializing with friends and getting out and relaxing that's the whole point?  :grin:

TahitiRat

Mainly the waight of the boat the lighter ones are easier to make go fast but tend to break up getting beat up all day on rough water

73 Sanger Flat

I think it should have the TX numbers on the boat and be able to pass the laws on that lake . That is where it will vary a lot .. I think you should have the flame arrestor, baffles and water to the headers, might not use them all the time , but have them in case the law is there .

I know my boat can not go all day , but I consider it a lake boat , but I am limited on how far I can go on fuel and possible oil getting to hot , due to my block .

This should get intersting on this one ..

Devilman

Seen people really goin after it on PB on this topic.... lol :grin: Me personally, I'd say something with at least 2 seats & be able to run around for awhile?

I don't know, I guess some days I must have a race boat, cuz I'll make a pass or two, hit the beach, then BS the rest of the afternoon away not moving till its time to head to the ramp to load up.  :cheesy:

Devilman

Brazos River Rat said:
D-Man , I thught your was a Race Boat , I have seen it sitting close to mine all day ..

Thats right Billy, we got race boats right....  :grin: I'd say your description is pretty spot on. There was a couple guys that brought a CP out to Colet couple years ago, straight up race boat. No numbers, single seat I believe with a 1 gallon fuel cell, rope deflector, etc.. Nice guys, they are members here, but haven't been around in awhile, they was from the Houston area I think. They made a lot of passes that afternoon, 13 dollars a wack. Not sure what they was running for fuel, but thats what he said he paid per gallon. :shocked:

73 Sanger Flat

That reminds me of those Oklahoma boys that was next to me at Plowman a few years back , Blown Injected Alcohol , could make one warm up run and one full pass and time to fill it back up again , They were burning almost 5 gallons each time .. I do not consider that to be a Lake Boat , fun to watch though .

Kinda like Cornbread Blown Alky boat , you can play a little at the river , but it not a lake Boat ..

NotImportant-1

Devilman said:
Seen people really goin after it on PB on this topic.... lol :grin: Me personally, I'd say something with at least 2 seats & be able to run around for awhile?

I don't know, I guess some days I must have a race boat, cuz I'll make a pass or two, hit the beach, then BS the rest of the afternoon away not moving till its time to head to the ramp to load up.  :cheesy:

Dam Kenny

Isn't that what we do everytime we go to the water????????????????????????????

LMAO

73 Sanger Flat

I am guilty of that too , I will make a pass or two and then park the boat and B.S. with everyone . It a lot cheaper that way ..

Devilman

Esabataj said:
Dam Kenny

LMAO

Sez the guy breaking the century mark in a pump gas gullwing with full interior & a shot pump. :grin:

But yeah, pretty much.... :cheesy: :cheesy: Looking forward to gettin back to it too. :wink:

NotImportant-1

Devilman said:
Esabataj said:
Dam Kenny

LMAO

Sez the guy breaking the century mark in a pump gas gullwing with full interior & a shot pump. :grin:

But yeah, pretty much.... :cheesy: :cheesy: Looking forward to gettin back to it too. :wink:

Except for old Coonass

He does the BSing and a little Jack, then goes out and jumps the Sh*t out of jumping jack

:smile30:

Devilman

Esabataj said:
Except for old Coonass

He does the BSing and a little Jack, then goes out and jumps the Sh*t out of jumping jack, gets in trouble, misplaces his bottle of jack & is forced to drink fruity pink froo-froo drinks the rest of the day

:smile30:

I fixed it for ya....  :grin: