Komon Iwana Laya / Sombrero's Rogers

Devilman

It's a damn good looking boat. Runs & sounds good too, he was running it around up at Plowmans. :smile15:

dragdaddyO

thanks , its 2006 Chrystler bug juice green. i removed the carpet and used a 2 part marine epoxy on the interior. makes cleaning easyer.

J C Gordon

Yes I remember this one nice paint!!! We where across the way anchored off by the big cabin cruiser with the big stereo and the topless girls.. ... :smile20:

dragdaddyO

thanks, it has some tribal flames and a tiki ghosted in on the bow. it was stripped by Frank Palmer. i also shaved the rub rail. removed the saddle tanks and back seat. installed an old moon tank. this couldnt have been done with out friends.

duanehydro

Dude, I personally havn't seen the boat, but I do take the members here seriously when they speak, and.....I have to say, that's got to be the coolest name I've seen in a while for a boat. Period. Welcome back to THB.   :smile22:

dragdaddyO

it started out as a joke then it stuck. i even did some research on surfer names and Hawiian names nothing as funny. the wife doesnt see as much humor.

dragdaddyO

when i bought the boat it was a  bottle baby so i named it "it's addicting". after 2 motor rebuilds the bottle had to go. the goverment was generous enough to send me a stimulus check whitch i spent on Prodominator and carbs from Turbo now im stimulated.

fenceman

Maybe next week on that dyno. Also, decided not to redo bottom of boat. Just going to touch up existing paint, if possible

dragdaddyO

sure, let me know when and we can get a list of materials together. still want to do the scoop to match the boat? something crazier might look good as long as the colors complement each other.

dragdaddyO

im probably going to do something with my scoop. it still needs something. definately going to add some more penstriping to the boat, around the floral on the bow and the gauges. :smile15:

Carnivalride

fenceman said:
Yes, the scoop needs work for sure. I am ready to get it all together. May 15 will be here before we know it.

So does that mean your planning on running Purcell Oklahoma this year? If so I'll see you there.  :smile15:

Carnivalride

fenceman said:
Yes, we will be in Purcell. Went last year and it was a blast.

Great looking forward to meeting you I went the first year but had to miss last year because it was the same weekend as my son's graduation. I'll be running the 8 second class, what about you the 7 second class with the new motor or?