Kill switch

jimsplace

TexasJet said:
"equipped by the manufacturer "

I believe we are reading the bill the same. 

If the manufacture installed on the boat a kill switch then it would need to be used as described.
The bill doesn't appear to address older boats without kill switches installed.

On the other hand, I wish it did.  Every performance boat should have a kill switch and it should be required to be used.
      :smile17: 

73 Sanger Flat

That is how I read it also .. If the boat came equip with a KILL SWITCH then you must use it ..  Did not address older boats that does not have a kill switch .. All boats should have them if you ask me ..

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
If factory equipped, it had better work. I guess that is one more thing they will look at now when they pull up to you and check out your gear! :smile30:

TexasJet

I will have to start using mine all the time in the CP. Usually I only clip it on for anything above 70 mph.

oldbuck40

TexasJet said:
I will have to start using mine all the time in the CP. Usually I only clip it on for anything above 70 mph.
You should! So next time you stand up and Salute the Game Warden it will shut off LMAO I will never forget that day.

TexasJet

oldbuck40 said:
TexasJet said:
You should! So next time you stand up and Salute the Game Warden it will shut off LMAO I will never forget that day.

We were a victim of opportunity.  :smile28:

jimsplace

crazy.gif
I see some saying they only use their kill switch when running fast.  I really hate to hear that.

PLEASE!
The kill switch needs to be solidly attached to your body or your life jacket.  If you happen to be out and someone runs up beside you for a challenge, the kill switch is not going to be on your mind and it won't get attached.

The kill switch is something that you need to get into the habit of it being the first thing to hook up before the boat is taken out. 
It isn't that hard.

It's probably best that I don't share my thoughts regarding having an appropriate life jacket that is always worn. 

Devilman

oldbuck40 said:
TexasJet said:

Sounds like a story here somewhere. :smile16:

oldbuck40

Devilman said:
oldbuck40 said:
TexasJet said:

LOL yea it was a long day for us on the lake,Jeff was in the Baja and I was in the Taylor at Sommerville and we knew we had been out too long and it was time to put the boats up before we couldn't!  Came around the corner in the cove there was the game Warden kinda blocking the ramp until he checked each boat,,as soon as Jeff seen them he Stood up at attention and saluted the wardens and said WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU TODAY! LMAO I started showing them my stuff from a distance quickly as he ask for it and just about the time they were fixin to start checking Jeff a Jet Ski damn near swamped the warden,,,I mean soaked them down,,,needless to say He was pissed by then and told us to have a good night. We got our butts outta there pretty quick and Jeff didn't dry his boat at the ramp either.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
oldbuck40 said:
Devilman said:
oldbuck40 said:
TexasJet said:

LOL yea it was a long day for us on the lake,Jeff was in the Baja and I was in the Taylor at Sommerville and we knew we had been out too long and it was time to put the boats up before we couldn't!  Came around the corner in the cove there was the game Warden kinda blocking the ramp until he checked each boat,,as soon as Jeff seen them he Stood up at attention and saluted the wardens and said WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU TODAY! LMAO I started showing them my stuff from a distance quickly as he ask for it and just about the time they were fixin to start checking Jeff a Jet Ski damn near swamped the warden,,,I mean soaked them down,,,needless to say He was pissed by then and told us to have a good night. We got our butts outta there pretty quick and Jeff didn't dry his boat at the ramp either.
Saved by the Lake Lice! :smile16:

Devilman

oldbuck40 said:

Ha, you in the Taylor, that is some old school stuff there. I'd have to wonder what Jeff was thinking with that maneuver, I'd think a low profile would be the better way to roll. :smile16: Probably one of the only times a jet ski came in handy, lol. Did the cop go after him?

Devilman

TexasJet said:
Like a chicken on a junebug.

Icing on the cake then.  clap.gif

Reminds me of the time some of us were at the river... its late in the afternoon so we're all headed back to the ramp. Getting close to the bridge notice a game warden has someone pulled over. Patch goes cruising by the cop flying a big roost about the time the cop gets done... me being next in line I get pulled over.  :smile24: Nothing happened, just sucked going through the routine with them... :smile14:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
:smile14: That was funny, dam hydraulic place diverters! crazy.gif

I was already working on my esplanation if they came after me! :evil:

TexasJet

oldbuck40 said:
TexasJet said:
Like a chicken on a junebug.
And that was our que to get the hell back to camp lol  I don't miss that part of it but I sure miss hanging out in the evening.
  wasn't that the night someone got a dui and we couldn't find anyone sober to get him?