Jones tach cable

Carnivalride

Hi guys,

I need some help, over the weekend the cable for my Jones tach broke. So far the only places I've found to but them are Glenwood marine for $110.50, CP marine for $75 and Pegus Auto Racing supplies for ~$79. Is there a better place to buy these? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Loren

pro53

I bought mine off ebay, still payed around 50 for a used one. Buy a new one  :smile15:

Carnivalride

Just an FYI if you guys are ever needing one. My local heavy truck parts place can make them. They had to order one of the end fittings but they can make a new inner for $12 and a whole new cable for less than $60. Looks like the "marine mark up" is still going strong.  :rolleyes:

So try your local truck parts or repair places before you grab a catalog.  :wink:

Carnivalride

Brazos River Rat said:
Good to know . I don't have a Jone's tach , but good info ..
Thanks

Your welcome, my whole problem was spending $100 for a cable with shipping when I have the original tach. Heck if it quits next summer or this fall I'd be kinda pissed about spending $100 on a cable when I could have applied that to a new electric tach.

Carnivalride

COONASS said:
Carnivalride said:
Just an FYI if you guys are ever needing one. My local heavy truck parts place can make them. They had to order one of the end fittings but they can make a new inner for $12 and a whole new cable for less than $60. Looks like the "marine mark up" is still going strong.  :rolleyes:

So try your local truck parts or repair places before you grab a catalog.  :wink:

way to beat that marine mark up  :smile22: :smile22: :smile15:

that will be $13 ...........is it marine ..............yes.............then that will be $130 lol  :smile23:

Nice find  :smile15:

You noticed that to huh.......... LOL  :sad:

standard = high
performance = real high
marine = outrageous
perfomance marine/race = your f'n kidding right!?!??!?  :shocked:

Or at least that's my take sometimes.....