JJ at Needles Az

73 Sanger Flat

I found a picture of JJ at Needle Az this year . One of these day when I can afford about $1000.00 in fuel another $1000.00 for hotel and food , I am going to follow him out there .. It look like a blast

JJ : Tell us how it was . I know you are tired , but fill us in ..

Looks like a hell of an event for V-Drives

73 Sanger Flat

That is JJ with the hat on  standing in the boat closest to the camera ..

That is one of the biggest V-Drive get together on the West Coast ans some high dollar equipment show up for this event ..

One of these years I would love to go to an event of that caliber .. Those West Coast guys know how to do it right !!!

JJ must still be recovering ..

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
It could be a twin turbo volvo and I would like it. I have always wanted some more info on that draw-through carb set-up. think.gif

beaverfab

Billy that is Steve in my boat not me , Rick King is setting on my boat , I am there but hard to see in a red shirt. Distance is 1200 miles each way truck got around 12miles per gallon so 200 gallons total chepest was 3.09 most was 3.85 so say 3.40 that 680.00 fuel Motel was 650.00 for 10 days + 120 for the 1 day coming back. Total distance I drove 3225.  There was 71 v drive boats at the on the water boat show most made the 10 mile run down the river from Needles to Pirate Cove marine. If you like v drive boats every one should make it at least one time, I started going back in 1989 about ever other year, and hope to make several more.

73 Sanger Flat

Thanks JJ . I knew that was your boat .. look like a FUN time .. Maybe I need to wear my glasses more .. LOL

OK , Now I see you in the Red shirt

customtouch

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
JJ Twin Turbo boat from TEXAS made it all the way there and back .. Way to go represent TEXAS for us JJ

Did they do an article on that boat a few years back in Hot Boat Mag? If it wasn't that one then it was another twin turbo boat that looked pretty similar.

Candygirl

Mike S said:
Man I want to go to that lets book it!  :smile16: :smile17:
well just get in one of those motor homes that's floating around in your family and a whole bunch of us could go together

Candygirl said:
Mike S said:
Man I want to go to that lets book it!  :smile16: :smile17:
well just get in one of those motor homes that's floating around in your family and a whole bunch of us could go together

what you talken bout willis!  crazy.gif you seen my motor home at the ranch we can take it! (tha fleetwood) just drinks some gas!! :smile17:

now if you want pip shaddys! thats outa my ball park!!

73 Sanger Flat

customtouch said:
JJ Twin Turbo boat from TEXAS made it all the way there and back .. Way to go represent TEXAS for us JJ

Did they do an article on that boat a few years back in Hot Boat Mag? If it wasn't that one then it was another twin turbo boat that looked pretty similar.

I am not sure , This boat came from Michigan . I am sure JJ will chime in here and let you know ..

I wish i could win the dam lottery so I could go to this

FL350

Administrator
That boat has so much history in it a magazine article could not cover it , you would need to to a book.

customtouch

customtouch said:

I am not sure , This boat came from Michigan . I am sure JJ will chime in here and let you know ..

I wish i could win the dam lottery so I could go to this

Well I was curious so I went back and found the article I was thinking about but that boat was an orange 21' Hallet. It was used for ski racing and featured in the Nov/Dec edition of 2005. Not the same one but a very cool boat.

beaverfab

Customtouch you right not the same boat, this is a 19' it was Gary Steel ski race boat in 1978. world championship in 78. Was used in the Hallett ads but wtih a carbs.

pro53

One day when I grow up and get a real boat (vdrive) :grin: I going to go there. Where all the high dollar vdrives boats go :grin: Lots of Billys paint jobs in there.