jet intake

pro53

My loader bent on me a couple of weeks back. I do not know if these cracks are okay? Can I just put some silicon around them? Bought a used rock grate to put  back in there. Tom a Jet boat performace said they do not sell loaders anymore for YJ's because of the danger of them cracking. Another reason not to buy a boat with a Jacuzzi unless you dont mind not going fast  :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 160

pro53

Also look at the bumps in front and the rear of the intake, does those speed bumps look right  :rolleyes:, for my TANKER :grin:

pro53

Patchman said:
So did you find a rock grate for it?  think.gif
Yea Tom, had one, on the way already. He also said a heavy as# boat like mine really doesnt benfit from it. They are dangerous on YJ'S because you can not bolt them through like a Berk.

Devilman

LOL, you forgot? C'mon man, focus.... :grin: Did you at least send him the pics of it? :cheesy:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Well I'm glad you are working on it, I figured we wouldn't see it back on the water till 2012! :grin:

pro53

Patchman said:
Well I'm glad you are working on it, I figured we wouldn't see it back on the water till 2012! :grin:

whatever.gif  :grin:
Guess I will try Toms forum, since I cant get what I need from here  :rolleyes:
:grin:

KONA77

sorry Dude,  just not smart enough to comment or speculate,  i just spectate before I hybernate ... lol

pro53

Well sent Tom some picks, said looks like the intake is separating from the glass. the correct way to fix would be, take the motor out, pump, intake, grind smooth, re expoxy, re set pump. That will have to wait till winter. Now I can see why boat has been getting more water in it. I guess it allergic to water. :rolleyes:

John

pro53 said:
Well sent Tom some picks, said looks like the intake is separating from the glass. the correct way to fix would be, take the motor out, pump, intake,throw away or sell to some shmuck, buy new berkley pump..... grind smooth, re expoxy, re set pump. That will have to wait till winter. Now I can see why boat has been getting more water in it. I guess it allergic to water. :rolleyes:

there i fixed it for ya!

pro53

John said:
pro53 said:
Well sent Tom some picks, said looks like the intake is separating from the glass. the correct way to fix would be, take the motor out, pump, intake,throw away or sell to some shmuck, buy new berkley pump..... grind smooth, re expoxy, re set pump. That will have to wait till winter. Now I can see why boat has been getting more water in it. I guess it allergic to water. :rolleyes:

there i fixed it for ya!

I would not spend all that money on this Tanker  :grin:, It did croos my mind though  :grin: Fiqure If I can make it to winter, strip it  to fix the pump and while its down go ahead and paint it too.

John

ha i know about the money bit, but a new pump set right, that tanker might surprise you  and make one heck of a lake boat in the process!

pro53

John said:
reply ha i know about the money bit, but a new pump set right, that tanker might surprise you  and make one heck of a lake boat in the process!
Maybe a pump set back and a berk put in there, I dont know any I personally truck that I would let hack my boat up. Snows good, but I would not want it to be there that long, and sinking another 3000 grand in pump and glass work would benfit it. I can say thogh it is the Only Omega Bubble Jet I ahve seen or heard of in texas. I ahve only seen one more on the old Hot boat and he had a blown bbc. Think I will just wait to sink it in a vdrive one day  :grin:

pro53

soldier of fortune said:
i got a berk intake for the bottom of your boat george if ya want it, it needs to be machined for a shoe and rideplate, but it's yours if ya want it. also got a hook up on a splitbowl pump fresh rebuild from mike's pump and speed.

But who does that kind of work you can trust to change it over?

pro53

I will let you know on the intake. Its nothing I will be doing anytime soon. Thanks Randall