Jegs Scoop

S

Static Line

Hey THB look at these pics of the inside of my scoop and tell me what you think. It the one I have been wanting for the last few years. The first one got here about 3 weeks but I had to send it back due to a scratches and a crack. This one was pulled by them and check and sent, got it yesterday. Now do you think its just the casting or is it cracked?

Jegs is telling me its safe to run and i will have no problems. Got the Email to prove it.

S

Static Line

TahitiRat said:
Thats a new scoop id be pissed

yea its cast alum, i was very pissed the first time and not too happy now  :smile18:

I got a buddy with a grinder, i was thinking to do some light griding and see if its crack if so send it back again or they need to discount it.

Disturbed

Return that POS!  Call up Jeg Coughlin himself and ask him if this is how he plans on making it through the recession.  :smile12:

S

Static Line

here is the email i got from jegs

Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 4:57 PM
To: Mark Gilbert
Subject: RE: faux carbon fiber scoop

Actually no, the “lines” are from the surface blemishes in the core and are surface only. Same as a surface on any cylinder head, engine block or any cast product. Tell him there is no need to worry about the scoop coming apart.

We have other customers that are using these on powerboats and racecars without a single failure. He should however be aware that he should check all of his fasteners (InJEGtor and otherwise) frequently as boats have a history of pounding the waves which can be brutal. 

The black material that is peeling off is residual polishing compound. The unit was machined and polished externally prior to the application of the faux carbon fiber. As you know when you use a high speed polisher, compound has a tendency to go everywhere.

He should check out some of our customers’ rides http://www.jegs.com/injegtor/index.html and he will see that these just aren’t used on street cruisers and that they can handle the punishment.

Thank you,

Stan Saul

JEGS Performance Products

101 JEGS Place

Delaware, OH 43015

( 614-294-5451 Option 3 Extension 194

6 614-291-7772

› stan.saul@jegs.com

73 Sanger Flat

I would send it back .. It expensive and you deserve the get your money worth . I just had to return an oil pan to Jegs myself .
Make sure they eat the cost of shipping also . It not you fault that it is not perfect .

Devilman

That pic of the boat in the link you posted from the e-mail, that scoop has been on that boat for a few years now & from the pics I've seen in the past, they don't cut it any slack. Still using that same scoop last I saw.

That said, for what the damn thing cost, that mofo better be up to your expectations. They say its fine but it also looks to me like they give themselves an out if you decide  to run it & it f*cks up later.

"We have other customers that are using these on powerboats and racecars without a single failure. He should however be aware that he should check all of his fasteners (InJEGtor and otherwise) frequently as boats have a history of pounding the waves which can be brutal." 

Nah, if it was me, I'd tell 'em to keep it & get the $$$ back, unless you can make damn sure they will back it up should it crater on ya...

S

Static Line

Yea thats what I am thinking....D- Man. That guy who sent me the email was one of the big wigs. It seems most of the parts now days come from the "EAST"  China, Might as well get it from Wal-Mart  :smile13:

I just thought for 500 buck it should be top of the line inside out.

Devilman

When you're throwin down $500 bucks, it should be up to your expectations, whether they say it's "fine" or not. Hell with that, too damn much money these days to be gettin second rate stuff. I'd either get my money back or keep returning it till they send you one that meets your standards.

John

Devilman said:
When you're throwin down $500 bucks, it should be up to your expectations, whether they say it's "fine" or not. Hell with that, too damn much money these days to be gettin second rate stuff. I'd either get my money back or keep returning it till they send you one that meets your standards.

kennys right, 500 bucks thats a lot of blow for tow tips,  :smile13: send it back, and tell them that obviously that they have no quality control in the casting process in china, your going to do it for them one scoop at a time until you find one you like. tell them your going to burn up any savings they made by out sourcing to china by back and forth shipping, if they would pony up and have it made in america with good quality control you would have allready had you scoop the first time, and be satisfied with it.

NotImportant-1

" Ghost " said:

Actually no, the “lines” are from the surface blemishes in the core and are surface only. Same as a surface on any cylinder head, engine block or any cast product. Tell him there is no need to worry about the scoop coming apart.

We have other customers that are using these on powerboats and racecars without a single failure. He should however be aware that he should check all of his fasteners (InJEGtor and otherwise) frequently as boats have a history of pounding by bouncing badly on the trailer while going back and forth from the show and shines. you know how brutal the houston roads can be

The black material that is peeling off is residual polishing compound. The unit was machined and polished externally prior to the application of the faux carbon fiber. As you know when you use a high speed polisher, compound has a tendency to go everywhere.

He should check out some of our customers’ rides http://www.jegs.com/injegtor/index.html and he will see that these just aren’t used on street cruisers and that they can handle the punishment.

Thank you,

Stan Saul

101 JEGS Place

Delaware, OH 43015

6 614-291-7772

› stan.saul@jegs.com

There you go ghostie. I fixed it for the guy from Jegs. Now you're covered. go ahead and run it. :smile13:

S

Static Line

:smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23:

ESA    :smile18:  come back will come with in 24 hours  :smile13:

NotImportant-1

" Ghost " said:
:smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23:

ESA    :smile18:  come back will come with in 24 hours  :smile13:

I'm so Scaredddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

I sure as heck ain't going to hold my breath waiting :grin:

oldbuck40

Esabataj said:
" Ghost " said:

We have other customers that are using these on powerboats and racecars without a single failure. He should however be aware that he should check all of his fasteners (InJEGtor and otherwise) frequently as boats have a history of pounding by bouncing badly on the trailer while going back and forth from the show and shines. you know how brutal the houston roads can be

Thank you,

Stan Saul

101 JEGS Place

Delaware, OH 43015

6 614-291-7772

› stan.saul@jegs.com

There you go ghostie. I fixed it for the guy from Jegs. Now you're covered. go ahead and run it. :smile13:
So what your saying Richard is he just ordered the SHOW SCOOP instead of the SHOW AND GO SCOOP! :smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23:

S

Static Line

:smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23: you kill me  Brake 1-9 I got a show and shine  :grin:

pro53

Mine looks fine, It has blimishs on the inside and is just casting flaws. Dont worry about it if its not showing on the outside.Its good. I used to do sandcasting and highschool, looked the same. Hell for 500 bucks youre proably gonna go into STEALTH speed  :rolleyes:

Blender Man

If you not drag the boat down the road so fast you should not have any problems with that scoop, As far as in the water you will not have to worry about any thing comeing apart, I do not belive it will be soooo fast that you should be ok. When you getting it back from Gary's  :smile15: