It's cold weather fix your boat time!

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Well with the cool weather, and down time. I guess it's time for some boat up-grades/ repairs. I know I have some repairs to do. I think it's time for a timing cover on the Hawaiian.:oops: I would like to do more boating with the ol jetboat next year!

TexasJet

Already changed the oil in both engines and drained the blocks. If I catch a warm day this winter I'll probably take one to Somerville. If there is any water left in the lake.

Devilman

I have pretty much the same crap needs doing I always did/do... whether any of it gets done this winter remains to be seen. 😏

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Well I have the same, and some new. So I guess it's time to focus on what needs to be done. I'm even thinking of working on John's Sainz's boat so that he can have an excuse to go boating in his own float!

73 Sanger Flat

I finally got my heads back on the boat and got it fired up. Heads needed some work.. So maybe it will run better . New Valve Covers for the 511 Chevy this year .. I found that my engine is not a 13to1 compression .. If I did all the calculation right , it should be 10.8 to 1 .. That may be why we never hit a 100 last fall .. Time to put some 93 octane in it and see what she does .. I burnt 112 octane last fall and it did not run very much faster .. It should run better with less octane this year .. Also getting the prop worked on and maybe a new prop also .. Need to get this boat to air out this year .. I need to get back on here more .. Using my laptop is easier ..

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Glad you got it back together. 10.8 with aluminum heads is definitely in super unleaded territory. What did you hit with it last year?

73 Sanger Flat

Patch , she was only running 96 mph. With 22% slip. Way too much slip.. So with heads fixed and hoping Dallas can get me a new prop and tweak on my old prop, she should get aired out more and hit that 100 mark easier .. I might add a little race fuel to get the octane about 95 or 96.

Devilman

Well I have the same, and some new. So I guess it's time to focus on what needs to be done. I'm even thinking of working on John's Sainz's boat so that he can have an excuse to go boating in his own float!
I don't got a lot of room to talk, but it's beyond time for John's boat to be on the water. Have to crack the whip on him, lol

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Getting the Trans Am that was blocking our access to it done. So it will be time for John's to get finished as well!

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
It's a 93 Trans Am. It only has 30k miles on it. So that's why I have to put a fuel pump in it. I have stored the car while the owner moved to their new house! It will be nice to have it gone.

Don

New 496 rotating assembly for the old girl last time we took her to Livingston I noticed a tapping turned out it was a valve tapping one of the pistons getting close to putting it back in

FL350

Administrator
Getting the winter projects finished up here at the shop, now time to start all the spring service!