is it worth the effort ????

C

CorDog009

I think they may be too big. Might have to open them on your computer with microsoft Paint or something and resize them.

duanehydro

how much mechanical background do you have? Not to mention money........It looks savable, but at a lot of cost and work....just for comparison, I sold my Hondo Flat bottom for 2,500 bucks, no motor, and it was ready to run, minus engine....may want to look around a little more before making a large decision... :smile12:

chunk

i have a good mechanical background...and a lot of experince in paint and body.

i have funds but it definently a pay as you go thing....i do not have 10-15k set aside for this project tho i am confident that as i need money it will be there.

i refuse to conform and go buy a new boat or an i/o.

i really want a complete build...this one just scares me.

i am that guy that finishes one project, sells it, and uses the money for the next one. for example, in january of 08 i purchased a 2001 r6 that was up to the fairings in mud in a barn and had been unridden since a crash in 03, by late feb. i was doing my 1st track day. i then sold the r6 in september to buy a 4x4 mule, thousands of dollars and countless hours later i had possibly the most capable off road mule in existance. that was sold to make room for the 03 v-star 1100 which was totaled and now sports a r6 front fork set, and is lowered about 4 inches. this bike will be finished in the next 15-30 days and most likely will be sold before i ever transfer the title.

i guess there is something wrong with me but i love it when someone tells me that the pc of crap i just bought will never be used again....i just keep proving em wrong time after time.

the only thing that scares me is my major lack of knowledge in boats especially inboards. i do not even have a good idea of what this project would cost or even what pcs. im missing.

i know my plan IF i buy this boat is to first strip/flip/and begin the resurfacing process. i assume that in the comming months while i would be doing what i *think* i know is right to do, i can try and learn about the physics and mechanics of the matter.

Blender Man

I like to see the old stuff that looks like hell brought back to life,and made to look good again. Any one with $ can go buy a good looking boat but it takes a lot of work and time to bring one back,and if you do the work your self, it is even better  :smile15: :smile15:

spd500

Been there , It might be worth it if you have another boat that is ready to go . But it really sucks to watch everyone else go play while you are working on yours . I would consider another project , but only if I still had a boat that was ready to go play on the river when the urge hit me . I have actually been planning another project boat , even bought the boat , but time just does not allow right now so I sold the project and kept the flattie .

spd500

Me either , I was wondering if it was something going on with my laptop or something on THB . I can't see alot of the pics from here today .

greaser

I deleted the link to your pics cause when I cliked on it my computer went under attack. It had a bloodhound virus attatched to it. Made my computer freeze up. Had to close everything out and manually remove it.

If your looking for a safe place to host pics, may I suggest useing www.hotboatpics.com I have used it for years and never had a problem.

chunk

wow....sorry to hear that ive used imageshack tons of times on my motorcycle forums and never had an issue.

Cookieman

I say go for it also, you are determinded and that is all it takes. Besides when you are done you can stand back and let everyone admire your work. Trust me we have seen plenty of boats here on this iste that were brought back to life. Your work will be admired for sure. need help there are plenty of guys to piont you in the right direction. Good luck on your project , can't wait to seen the finished product.

pro53

Do you have any more picks of the boat you were looking at. If you can get one complete minus motor fro around 1000.00 under nat a bad deal, depends on the boat. Some hulls are just heavy and dont perform. Do some research for you buy. I bought my Hondo Sprint for 400.00, and about 4400.00 later its to this and still about another 6000.00 to sink in it or more. Its on hold for awhile till I finish my car this year.
100_1506.jpg

georges002-1.jpg