interstate batteries

John

had a a factory battery short out yesterday and the second one, which failed its load test was struggling to crank, the diesel, yesterday,

so today it was a trip to interstate for 346 bucks worth of batteries....ouch

KONA77

The last ones I've bought was continental batteries,  got them in my ford diesel,  cant remember when i bought them for it and all my industrial equipment

KONA77

I will say this I put an O'Riley's battery in the boat, cause the last one I had was the best battery I had ever seen,  I abused the crap out of it by running dead and recharging it for eight years,  on cost me 65 bucks,  the new one was a hundred and five,  if I'd known that I'd had but a continental in there, but I sent the wife to get it,  so that's what I got,  we will see how good it is,  ran the radio for several hours on the river Saturday and still plenty hot to start the boat, so we will see

KONA77

Right lol,  here's one for ya,  got an interstate in the kubota tractor,  why ?  Cause it was the only thing that would fit,  all others was a tad to big. Lmao

John

well i dont know where a place that peddles continentals in B/CS there is however a interstate battery center, which i found in my experience to better with the part house brands/sams, and with the part house brands getting more expensive the savings to me dont out weigh the decline in longevity, that being said 20 bucks of that was for them to install them, cause im really lazy.

im sure continentals are good batteries

Disturbed

In all seriousness, I truly believe that any brand has good batteries and bad batteries.  Just a luck of the draw thing.  My $.02. 

KONA77

I believe it's getting your batteries from a place that rotates their stock regularly and not sell you a year old battery that's been back there,  Walmart is a no no  :smile30:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Interstate is a great Battery! There are actually only a couple of battery manufacturers, most brands are just labels! The boat batteries last so long due to the lack of heavy load. No injectors, computers, abs modules, and so on. Our wonderful heat kills them faster than anything! I guess that's why my uncle in Oregon gets 7 years out of a $35.00 battery. crazy.gif crazy.gif crazy.gif

KONA77

Patchman said:
Interstate is a great Battery! There are actually only a couple of battery manufacturers, most brands are just labels! The boat batteries last so long due to the lack of heavy load. No injectors, computers, abs modules, and so on. Our wonderful heat kills them faster than anything! I guess that's why my uncle in Oregon gets 7 years out of a $35.00 battery. crazy.gif crazy.gif crazy.gif

That electronic stuff is suppose to run off the alternator not the battery,  so if your batteries are giving up prematurely,  I'd suggest a new good alternator,  with the right amp output  :cheesy:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
KONA said:
Patchman said:

That electronic stuff is suppose to run off the alternator not the battery,  so if your batteries are giving up prematurely,  I'd suggest a new good alternator,  with the right amp output  :cheesy:
No sir, that new stuff runs off the battery, and the alternator keeps it charged! Computers don't like running off that fuzzy voltage from the alternator! :smile30:

KONA77

You can say it how ever you want,  but the fact is a weak alternator is going to lead to battery failure, 

Knotty Girl

I am sure there will be an argument on this but there really is not that many companies that manufacture batteries.  The same plant will stamp many different label and cases on their batteries.  I think there is only 3 plants in the world that manufacture antifreeze, and look how many different labels you see on the shelves. I had a friend that worked in a dog food plant and he said they ran 4 different bags from different places on the same patch of food.  This happens more times than we know.

Crusader

I believe Patch is correct in his statement. On cars with newer systems, when the alternator goes out, the car won't quit running until the battery is dead.

I run two Group 27 Interstate batteries.....have had them going on my third season, and they seem to be doing well.