Installation in one of our 21' Daycruisers

Connolly Marine

Just working on one of our 21' Daycruisers. V-Drive with blown power

Installation_zps9cc83eaa.jpg

CavPlates_zps85aa46b9.jpg

Devilman

Those are sweet looking boats, definitely would like to follow this along. I think Rocky has one of these, badass rig for sure.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Devilman said:
Those are sweet looking boats, definitely would like to follow this along. I think Rocky has one of these, badass rig for sure.
I believe you are right! :smile16:

Devilman

Since it was posted by Connolly Marine, I may have mistakenly assumed it was a Connolly... but whatever it is, still like to follow the progress.

Not the pic I had in mind, but here is a pic of Rocky's boat.

PLOWMAN_S_2010_030.JPG

Devilman

Well, I'm not 100% sure to be honest. Was looking at their website & found this:

To completely understand our passion for boats and this industry you should know where it all started and how we came to be.  It all began 1976 when Bob and Dave Connolly opened Connolly Boats in a little industrial building in Costa Mesa, California.  Back then Bob and Dave did repair work on inboard powerboats and then became a dealer of Cole Boats.  Their love for High Performance Boats moved them into the Boat manufacturing business, where they started their own line.  The first being the Connolly 21' Ski Bum. They quickly outgrew the tiny industrial building and moved into a larger facility in Santa Ana, California.  At the new building they manufactured a 18' Flatbottom, the 21' Daycruiser and 25' Daycruiser.  Their passion for fast, speed boats took them into GN racing with Dave piloting the Strictly Business GN107 in one of their Connolly 21' Ski Bum hulls.  The first day the boat hit the water it broke the GN Kilo World Record!

Bob and Dave retired from the boating business, but the desire to be self employed and the passion and love for this industry has brought Dave Connolly back into the business with Connolly Marine.  Dave has been around V-Drive, Jet-Drive, and Outdrive boats his entire life.
If you have a need or a question, feel free to give us a call or e-mail. If you live in Lake Havasu City or just visiting we would love for you to stop on by.  We have one of the most beautiful views of Lake Havasu, right above Windsor Beach.

So at one time they did... I'm sure they'll follow up with some details on the boat & put the mystery to rest. :grin:

Connolly Marine

The boat is our 21' Connolly Daycruiser, and yes it is like Rocky's Connolly except with the newer top.

If I can be of help to anyone on the site just give me a call or pm

Dave Connolly

73 Sanger Flat

One of these day I will step up to a nice day cruiser and get out of the runner bottom .. Rocky's boat is nice .. Use to be a Ski Racer in Arizona

jimsplace

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
One of these day I will step up to a nice day cruiser and get out of the runner bottom .. Rocky's boat is nice .. Use to be a Ski Racer in Arizona

No Billy, you need to plan on adding it to the Cole.
They are different boats and serve different needs.
It's like having a Cadillac or a Corvette, both are great, but not in the same way.
  :smile17:

73 Sanger Flat

I wish I had the money to keep two boats running .. I am having a hard enough time keeping the Cole going .. I am just about ready to sell the Cole and concentrate on the Camaro ...
I understand the two boat deal .. I have an old 1975 Ski Nautique that has not seen water in about 4 years .. It is a great boat for skiing , tubing and stuff .. It about ready to go out the door also ..

73 Sanger Flat

Sure is pretty .. Must be going to through some power at it with the extra V-drive braces .. Those are nice addition .. I need a set for mine . Oh wait - I don't have that much power ..  Keep up the great work and keep posting .. Love pics of new hotrods ..