How many THB guys have VDrives?

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
No I do not want to race . Just curious Randall how the boat was set up , that's all ..
Dam , why can't you just , hell forget it >>
come on billy enjoy life, i figuire it is running in the 80's which is fine with me running 450-500 hp spinning 15's that jj put in there,not sure on prop i can see 1/2 16 as far as the size i guess first number wore off from running thru all that sand, runs good, i think 80's hell may be 70's it's a good boat for cruising around. we will come to steel creek and see you guys this summer, its really not anything special boat is basically the way it was when i got it out of ole miss. i'm thinking it every bit as good as all the other ebay and craigslist boats out there so i will be putting a price tag of 10,000.00 on it at some point. crazy.gif crazy.gif crazy.gif crazy.gif crazy.gif crazy.gif

73 Sanger Flat

Randall I was just trying to see how you boat was doing and I get this B.S. about 7800 RPM and 140 MPH .. I think you have a nice V-Drive and I just wanted to see how it was set up.. I would like to get another more lakeable V-Drive down the road so I can go back to enjoying cruizing the lakes .. I love my Cole TR-4, but I had a lot of fun in my old 73 Sanger Flat that had a 454 ( 450 Hp ) and a Velvet drive in it .. It would run 82-85 mph and I could run all day in it and not worry about fuel or breaking something .. Hell I would run 28 miles one way to the dam and then head back home in it .. I think I had more fun doing that than what i can do in the Cole ..

jimsplace

Billy
If you didn't plant the accelerator on the floor, your boat would probably go to the dam and back too.
Keep in mind that it takes so many horsepower to go so fast, and the fuel used is determined a lot by how many horsepower you are using.
If you run your motor at 2500 to 3000 RPM, it probably doesn't use much more fuel than your Sanger.

Runner Bottom flats are actually quite fuel efficient.
      :smile17:

Disturbed

Whoa now!  He hasn't splashed anything more than his bath water!  You can't really say he's anything just yet!  :wink:

Crusader

DISTURBED said:
Whoa now!  He hasn't splashed anything more than his bath water!  You can't really say he's anything just yet!  :wink:

Owning parts of one and actually using it are two different things. Lol.

You nailed it

ChryslerJet

Crusader said:
DISTURBED said:

You nailed it
Umm How many V-Drives actually get used versus sitting pretty on a trailer??

jdeaton

Good point, if that is true then Roger and Henry don't own V-drives because they aren't on the water. :smile30:

73 Sanger Flat

ChryslerJet said:
Crusader said:
DISTURBED said:

You nailed it

A lot of V-Drives get used around here .. We had 5 last weekend in the water

ChryslerJet

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
ChryslerJet said:
Crusader said:
DISTURBED said:

You nailed it

A lot of V-Drives get used around here .. We had 5 last weekend in the water
Billy I know they get used and I know disturbed uses his.  mine will get used not all that often cause I would hate to have something happen to it but it will get out on the water as soon as I can get it ready.

Knotty Girl

DiamondJim said:
Good point, if that is true then Roger and Henry don't own V-drives because they aren't on the water. :smile30:

What tha, I think I was running it when I hit the tree  crazy.gif I am close, at Customtouch now getting paint.  I run mine and will be running mine soon, none of my stuff sits.

HellinnFrnt

Knotty said:
DiamondJim said:

What tha, I think I was running it when I hit the tree  crazy.gif I am close, at Customtouch now getting paint.  I run mine and will be running mine soon, none of my stuff sits.

anywhere near water ...

Disturbed

Knotty said:
Close to water, skimming across the top.  :smile16:

Just had a thought.  Too good not to share.  :grin:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notrees,_Texas

Draw your own conclusion....

Knotty Girl

DISTURBED said:
Knotty said:
Close to water, skimming across the top.  :smile16:

Just had a thought.  Too good not to share.  :grin:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notrees,_Texas

Draw your own conclusion....

That is where I am traveling to from now on.  Did not like the other place so much.