Hondo Hydro project

donald g

I have recently picked up a 1977 Hondo shovel nose hydro project.  It came from California in 2009 and wound up in central Texas on Craigs list.  It is now in Livingston, Texas.
    It is in excelent condition and I can't tell if it had never been rigged or that it has had all holes sealed and everything re-gell coated. The stringers are carbon fiber covered.  It came with a Casale, prop shaft and strut mounted.  I am in the process of mounting a 396 that I just built and have the parts to assemble a 454/steel crank/forged piston/781 head/ hyd roller engine after I get the boat running with the 396. 
    If anyone has any info on this hull, please let me know. 

Attachments

• hondo hydro 001.JPG
    hondo hydro 001.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 162
  • t,givinghhydro 034.JPG
    t,givinghhydro 034.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 121

Devilman

Looks real similar but don't think its the same boat...

whatcha doin George, looking for another dust collector for the shop? :grin:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Devilman said:

:grin:

pro53

Devilman said:

Yep I am  :grin:

Devilman

well, go get it. If you hurry there ought to be a few decent layers on it by spring. :cheesy:

Devilman

pro53 said:
What you talkin about willis, you got a couple of dust collectors in your garage too  :grin:

You have me on the truck, but I use my boat brotha....  and when I say "use" I mean taking it out & running it, not using it has a storage shelf on wheels. :cheesy:

pro53

Devilman said:
pro53 said:
What you talkin about willis, you got a couple of dust collectors in your garage too  :grin:

You have me on the truck, but I use my boat brotha....  and when I say "use" I mean taking it out & running it, not using it has a storage shelf on wheels. :cheesy:
Untill that motor tires out finally, and then it will sit there with the truck  :grin:

donald g

Patchman said:
Time for progress picks! :smile14:

Got engine/Casale/ shaft aligned... Opened gearbox for cleaning/inspection... It is a 10 degree with 18 gears.. everything looks good...Making strut brace, rudder brace, seat mounts.  Waiting for warm day to paint floor and stringers... The 1962 Spico flat IS gathering dust!!!