Help me pick a "new" direction for the Liberator...

Which direction should I go?

• Total voters

FormulaZR

So, I'm not 100% sure I'm going to change the boat - but I'm sure sometime between now and the next two years I'll get bored enjoying a boat that runs well.

Here are the options:

1) Keep the same EFI'd 550hp 383 LS1, add water injected headers and an engine cover.

2) Keep the LS1 - but drop compression/change cam - add D1SC Procharger bumping horsepower to approx 650-700 hp. Add water injected headers and an engine cover.

3) Keep the LS1 - drop compression/cam - use Tial's upcoming jacketed turbos...an engine cover may or not be possible with this setup.

4) Ditch the LS1, swap a Viper V10 engine into it. Most likely it won't improve speed much in stock form. I'm really not a Mopar guy...AT ALL...but I like the idea of something different. Also...since the Viper V10 is the basis of Ilmor's V10s, exhaust should be available.

***Note: The downside of the turbos is that unless I can figure out a good way to make a crossover, I'll need twins. Also...if I want an engine cover...the manifolds will likely be pretty pricey. Also - while this engine is in my boat it will NEVER be over 700 hp, and most likely I'll keep it down around 650 hp.

ChryslerJet

I vote for the Viper V10 only cause I thought about it in the CJ.  I also debated a 5.7/6.1 Hemi in the CJ.  Do not get the Truck V10 though same specs but Iron block is heavy.