Heaven has a new THB Member

sweet-v

Hi All,

We’re sad to let you know that V-Drive Bob passed away at 9:52 last night with his family by his side.  Services are being planned for this Friday or Saturday and once they are finalized, they’ll be posted at his Caring Bridge site and we’ll let you know here also.

Bobby touched many people through his years and we are proud to call him a friend.  He loved his boats, his cars, his friends, and most of all, his family, and he made all he touched feel like family.  He would always find the bright side of any situation.  We’ll miss that and you greatly. We’re sure the water in heaven was smooth as glass till he got on it!  Way to show ‘em what a flatty can do, Bobby!

Jim & Gayle

:smile21: our prayers are with bobs family and friends.. i am so happy i got a chance to meet him and spend that weekend at lake travis with him and his family.. my heart goes out to his kids and wife..... he will be missed greatly...

KONA77

we did not know him but we are very sad...we have heard the greatest things about Bob...we certainly understand the lost and have the family in our prayers.

73sanger

Wow just read this.... Boby was a great guy and will be missed for sure, he was the first to lend a hand in my boat adventures and always welcomed me to any event or his home... God Speed. RIP..... and my heart goes out to Sam and the kids.

TahitiRat

I never got the chance to meet Bob, but we will keep Bob and his loved ones in your thoughts and prayers. God Speed Bob.

duanehydro

I wish I could write something worthy of my feelings, but I fear the words would be inadequate. Bob never met a stranger. He went out of his way for anyone, anytime. I'd only known Bob a few short years, but you know what? When I had problems, when I really needed help, Bob was ALWAYS there. I didn't call my dad. I called Bob. He was my rock. He's in V-drive heaven, surrounded by happy people and fast boats. I just got off the phone with Sam, she is doing OK for the circumstances. She asked that I spread the word of Bobby's services, tentatively set for this Saturday, August 1. Time TBA They will be held at:
Hill Country Bible Church                                     
12124 RR 620 N
Austin, TX 78750
(512) 331-5050
normal_028.JPG

Devilman

Sure hate to read this news.... Didn't know Bob very well, but the few times I was around him, he was friendly & laid back. Never seemed to be having a bad day, even the afternoon he had problems with his boat at the Colorado. If he was aggravated or upset about it, you couldn't even tell, just seemed to take it in stride like it was nothing. We will keep him as well as his family in mind with our prayers. R.I.P. Bob.

sweet-v

The memorial service for Bobby has been set for Saturday, August 1, 2009 @ 9:00 am.  It will be held at:

Hill Country Bible Church NW
12124 RR 620 N
Austin, Texas 78750
(512)331-5050
www.hcbc.com

The service will be held in the lower auditorium in building A, enter through the NW Lobby (covered drive) and come through the Cafe' to auditorium.

A memorial fund has been set up for Bobby. If you would like to make a donation, please mail it to their home address.  Donations will be made to various charities so please make the checks payable to Sam and she will distribute  them in Bobby's honor.  Their home address is 2103 N. Cannes Dr. Cedar Park, Tx. 78613

I know Bob is in a better place and is no longer in any pain. We will meet again. Of this I am sure. I am sadden though and regret that I was unable to make more of the events where I could have seen Bob before his passing. I do have great memories of Bob at Coleta and lake Travis before he got sick. May the Lord be with his family during this time and take comfort that Bob is in the Lords presence.

Blender Man

I like Duane can not say the right words to express the way I feel. I have two pics that I would like to share, one is a t rock that I found at lake Travis that he signed for me and the other is part of his boat that rides with me every were I go. Rest in peace Bob.. Will see you one day...

spd500

I never did meet him , but can imagine what a great guy he must have been to have made as many friends here as he did . He and his family will be in our thoughts and prayers .