header question

firebird02

Im looking at getting new bbc headers. What is the advantage to ceramic coated headers? Which is better bassett or rewarder headers

EOSpeed

BASSETT WILL LAST LONGER. 2 3/8 FOR YOUR BLOWN MOTOR.
                                                                                    :smile17:

jdeaton

Ceramic coating holds the heat in the header up close to the exhaust port.  When the exhaust valve is just about closed and the is starting down, it draws air into the cylinder.  If the air is still super heated there is less of a shock on the system.  Suppose to be good for 8 to 10 HP. 

This is my red neck explanation of the need to ceramic coat or wrap the exhaust, I'm sure the smart people will add to my ramblings :smile30:.

73 Sanger Flat

You will not burn yourself as easy with them , they will not turn blue  , looks better after running then dry ..
I would liek a new set also . But they are high .. You think they would be the same price as chrome , but they are not ..

WFO

We have all been using Basset but, over the last 8 years or so have seen they are rusting thru at the flange after about 2-3 years. Get them welded up around the outside and they will last another year or so. Have talked to them about it and they say never heard of this. I think ceramic coat is the only way to make them last more than a few years.

Devilman

WFO said:
We have all been using Basset but, over the last 8 years or so have seen they are rusting thru at the flange after about 2-3 years. Get them welded up around the outside and they will last another year or so. Have talked to them about it and they say never heard of this. I think ceramic coat is the only way to make them last more than a few years.

Probably just another case of "They don't make 'em like they used to"... cheap materials, etc. I know my new headers didn't last for chit, big waste of money for me. :tongue: :rolleyes:

WFO

Devilman said:
WFO said:

Probably just another case of "They don't make 'em like they used to"... cheap materials, etc. I know my new headers didn't last for chit, big waste of money for me. :tongue: :rolleyes:

Yep my thought exactly. Chinese steel.  crazy.gif