Header polishing 101

duanehydro

OK, it seems my thread on headers disappered... :rolleyes: so, I'll repost for anyone who didn't see it or gives a &^%$..
If you have a set of headers that you feel are less than satisfactory and can't afford the 1k for a new set like me, here are some tips:

Here we have a set of blued headers, looking fairly bad....

[attachment deleted by admin]

duanehydro

first stage.....obtain a bottle of White Diamond Metal Polish, and some 0000 steel wool....

duanehydro

All it takes is a little elbow grease, and 20 minutes a header to make em look much better....(note it's also easier if theye are removed)

duanehydro

Start with some White Diamond on the steel wool, and rub vigorously, until it turns black....

duanehydro

then rub with a cotton towel that is expendable..... :grin:
it takes a little pressure, but wait'll you see the difference....

duanehydro

I'll unlock this now, Marty and I are going to Austin to pick up a dirtbike.... :smile19:

Soon to come: more tech.... :smile15:   energizer kit for Jacuzzi install

Carnivalride

Duanehydro said:
first stage.....obtain a bottle of White Diamond Metal Polish, and some 0000 steel wool....

So where do you get that "White Diamond Metal Polish" at?

BTW the headers looked much better.  :smile15:

sturat

thanks for the link, but does anyone know of any retail stores that carry it? I would like to clean some stuff up for the weekend?

77Jet Star

Hey Randal why dont ya put some of that funky a$$ vegemite on toast and rub you own header?  :smile23: :smile23: :smile23:

sleek460

I bought it on line, it does work ! I used triple O instead of double O, just cos I'm anal !! I tried Pilot, Petro and TA, could'nt find it .

duanehydro

sleek460 said:
I bought it on line, it does work ! I used triple O instead of double O, just cos I'm anal !! I tried Pilot, Petro and TA, could'nt find it .

I suggest 0000 steel wool, the finest available, I'm sure 00 might scratch something...a little rough for chrome.

sturat

well i drove to a flyin j's here in town at lunch and picked some up :smile15:

We will see how it goes tonight