Header gasket

Crusader

Ya, okay....I think you're correct.

Bobby...hope I'm not hijacking your thread here..... Do you know of a machinist nearby that I can take my logs to and have them machined flat?

duanehydro

Percy's aluminum crush gaskets work well. Expensive, though. The copper I've never used but have a set for a 460....they are used once, but free.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Duanehydro said:
Percy's aluminum crush gaskets work well. Expensive, though. The copper I've never used but have a set for a 460....they are used once, but free.
That's what I use as well! They work great! clap.gif

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
They are great, and re-usable! My hot air is still leaking out! If I stop it, I'll explode! :smile28:

SimplyOrange

if you are going to belt sand or have them machined flat(which they will do with a belt sander) then you olny need 1 copper per side, i said two assuming your flanges were uneven and you were looking for a quick fix. percys crush metals work great as long as the flanges are flat, otherwise they will blow quickly.i went through that crap with a set of sbc ford headers.

duanehydro

Crusader said:
Ya, okay....I think you're correct.

Bobby...hope I'm not hijacking your thread here..... Do you know of a machinist nearby that I can take my logs to and have them machined flat?
I had real good luck on Brent's with a large flat B a s t ard file.....and a straight edge....took about 2 hours.