HAVASU 2014

TexasJet

ChryslerJet said:
TexasJet said:
Took a ride in a 44 MTI. 147mph, cruises at 120. My daughter, her daughter and her friend.

A random pic of some eye candy.

There are an awful lot of guys in that eye candy pic.  Did you do that just for Patch?

I try to provide something for everybody.

Here are a few more: The black boat belongs to Mario Williams.

Mario's boat is a nice a** boat! (Little hot though)He had it down here last year for the Texas outlaw challenge in clear lake! He's a cool dude hung out with us at a friends house where one of the poker stops was!!

TexasJet

We started with a trip thru the channel. Then stopped by the houseboat. Next was a cruise down river to raft up with River Dave's people. After watching all the poker run boats fly by we just cruised around and checked out some of the coves. Went back to the houseboat, ordered pizza and took a 150mph run in the MTI. We were cruising at 120mph side by side with Mario's boat.

TexasJet

Tomorrow we go up river to Pirates Cove in Needles. Thru the channel a few times, of course.

Attachments

• 0425141301.jpg
    0425141301.jpg
    689.4 KB · Views: 37
  • tmp_4471-0504171313711412484.jpg
    tmp_4471-0504171313711412484.jpg
    704.2 KB · Views: 38

TexasJet

:smile18: Now, about the risks. When you rent a boat for two days, you pay for two days whether you use it or not. A cold front came thru last night and it's cloudy, windy and cold, like in the mid 60's. 
And I put a scratch on the boat when we rafted up yesterday, so I will be paying for that also.  :smile13: 

I guess we will walk the channel and hang out on the house boat. I will snap anything worthy and post later.  :smile28:

TexasJet

The weather did turn nice around 3:00 PM. We walked both sides of the channel. Here are some final shots:

One is a pic of the boat I rented.

Attachments

• 0426141204.jpg
    0426141204.jpg
    410.3 KB · Views: 94
  • 0426141600.jpg
    0426141600.jpg
    542.9 KB · Views: 87

TexasJet

Crusader said:
Beautiful!!!

The lake looks full.....

I was told for big events and weekends they try to have it full. River Authority can raise or lower 2' in a day or overnight. We went swimming in several of  the coves near the Parker dam and the water was cool but felt good after the first shock. 

We are back in Phoenix now. They finally got rain Saturday. What a difference that made to all the wild plants and flowers.

TexasJet

The pictures can't capture the three d effect of the place. The blue water against the mountains. There are mountains behind mountains and you can boat right up to them as they meet the water.