Hardin Marine Cheyenne

blazeracer

Turning the next page of my hot boating hobby.....

It's an absolutely beautiful HAO HIN Cheyenne manufactured by Hardin Marine. One of the few original Cheyenne's. Everything else is a copy. It's a got dropped keel done by someone, maybe Duane knows cause he rigged this one out a few years back. Outstanding work on the rigging too. Kudos to Duane. I dropped a lot of coin on this hull and it came with some really killer parts that will be overkill for the first year or two I have it, and I really need cash to get a motor in it, so I'll be selling a few things to assist in getting this thing powered up. For the first couple of seasons, or at least one for sure, we'll be going with straight up all aluminum 5.7 liter LS1 power naturally aspirated. May put a little NOS shot to it.

So without further adieu, here's the first set of pics and quick vid showing this extremely nice foundation for what is going to be a screaming small block lake cruiser.

Video link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGuzJUSg3XI

blazeracer

Thanks Jim. I'll have a motor by noon today, with pics. Here's the first part I've acquired, for free even. It's a little rough but should clean up nice. Gonna weld up a custom tray for it.

duanehydro

Congrats, James...I have 2 months of my life tied up that boat...lol..just looking at that oil filter gives me tremors... :smile15:

blazeracer

Duanehydro said:
Congrats, James...I have 2 months of my life tied up that boat...lol..just looking at that oil filter gives me tremors... :smile15:

You did an awesome job on it Duane and it shows.

blazeracer

Thanks guys. Scored the power plant today. No junk yard dawg this time. This is an all aluminum true LS1 with CNC ported AFR heads pullled from a Vette with 67k on the clock that chassis dyno'd 440hp at the tires. Proven engine ready for action.

Gonna sell the EFI sh!t and run a carb on this one.

Devilman

Looks like its been well kept. Congratulations man. Look forward to seeing what you do with it. :smile17: