Happy 4th of July

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Hope everyone is able to celebrate our country's Independence this weekend. Be careful what ever you do. It's a little crazy out there! :smile14:

Devilman

Made it back, no issues. Pretty mellow for us actually in the scheme of things. Hope everyone else had a good holiday.

:smile17:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
I worked on crap around the house all weekend! But did make it up to Conroe and watched some fireworks and caught a couple of fish! jump.gif

Devilman

Sounds like not a bad weekend then. We took the fishing gear, but never even wet a hook. Was a little "busy" in the area we ended up in.

TexasJet

I camped out at Yegua over the weekend. Finally got to run the CP, last ran it May 17. Friday evening was sweet out on the lake. Saturday was like a washing machine and I bounced around a little. Sunday was a lot better. Got to make a few short hits and clean off the plugs. Never went west of Yegua all weekend. Three days in a row bout wore me out. The water has to be close to 90. It felt like bath water. After the cool water of the Colorado River out in Blythe it was quite disappointing.

Ricky, Black's uncle, had his Eliminator "Shake Rattle and Role" out there. He was blowing a lot of oil around the oil pan gasket. He also had water in the oil. This is on a fresh rebuilt motor. Back to the engine builder for sure.

Weird, I didn't take one picture.

TexasJet

Looking out across the lake on Saturday it didn't look real busy. It was the boat wakes they were making that was the problem. A lot of wakeboard boats and tubers and people cruising at the speed that makes big wakes. I literally bounced across the lake at 30 mph Saturday afternoon coming back to Yegua from Welch. The strange thing is at 1:30 there was no line to launch at Overlook and the parking lot was not full. Rocky Creek is open partially. Big Creek is also open. Welch was packed and rowdy.

Sunday was way better. 80% less boats. I wish the lake was about 4' low. That would eliminate most of the wake board boats. It' still almost full pool.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
I could see welch being packed. You get more of the day pass crowd there.  think.gif