Guessing Game Time

Gopher711

Some have seen the old boat , 454 9.25 compression , 8/71 and 2-1050 Dominators ,over ProTopline 320cc Alum heads , .600 lift Hyd Roller cam  ....6000rpm right at 102 mph  AA stainless Impeller

Here's the question at hand  , what do you guys think she's gonna do now ???  Looking for mph & HP estimates  :grin:
Engine specs :
Dart Big M race prepped Tall Deck  @ 555ci
Callies Magnum Crank , Oliver Billet Rods , Diamond CP billet Pistons with steel rings  9.25/1 , .904 Morel Solid Lifters ,  Chris Straub custom cam 112 lobe sep  , mid .700 lifts , 320duration  Max HP should settle in at 6800rpm , Milodon Gear drive ,  and heads topped with T&D competition shaft rockers  still using Blower and old carbs

Boat Changes :
Gonna let Mike pull and reset intake , set my shoe and ride plate
Motor was at very A$$ end of hull , moving  it forward to 30" from back inside of Transom per Greg Shoemakers recommendations
Installing Jet away

Still on fence about swapping from AvGas over to E85

Chevy2184

It's a chevy based engine! It will be PLENTY fast! 👍on the triple nickel are we still staying with the 8/71 ? And are we playing with the pump while it's out of the boat? If not staying with the blower? What cc ratio?

Gopher711

Still staying with 8/71  as not really planning on going above 10# boost , kept compression on moderate high side at 9.25:1  as Im leaning on going over to E85 or just saying screw it and putting a Hat /Alky setup on her down the road ( why I went overkill on parts  LOL ) crazy.gif , heads are 320cc But flowed at 400cfm on flow bench and have since put Manley 11/32" undercut ProFlo valves in , so they are still way good with blower
My intake has some leaks so Mikes gonna pull and reset it , never played with shoe setup so I have no idea where it is now , as you can see in my avitar boat always dragged butt even at WOT , trying to get it to free up so hopefully Mike can help with that issue ..most folks I have talked to with similar hulls turning that impeller and rpm should be up closer to 108-110 mph  so we feel there's alot left in  pump setup , shoe and ride plate . Also moving motor off rear will help

Gopher711

Yea , there was a 14/71 on Performance boating forums for sale I missed out on , 14/71-dominator carbs ,super chiller , carb adapter , Tall Deck intake and carb scoop  package sold for $3700 for all  :angry:

But I got enough cash sunk in on motor alone !  :smile18:

Dry Dock

Gopher711 said:
Yea , there was a 14/71 on Performance boating forums for sale I missed out on , 14/71-dominator carbs ,super chiller , carb adapter , Tall Deck intake and carb scoop  package sold for $3700 for all  :angry:

But I got enough cash sunk in on motor alone !  :smile18:

Saw that set up. I email close friend who lives in Barstow, told him go get it..... He is in progress of moving to Marble Falls this year.  Told him bring it and I will send you $$. 

A sold post went up before he had chance to even read email......if halfway good parts that was a steal. 

would have gone on my 572 very nicely!  my estimate 1050 to 1075....... Take it to Abilene and put on Running Late's dyno.... that is what I plan.  right now get it running with Dart Tunnel ram and 2 dominators.  tune boat then put blower on it.

Dry Dock

Knotty said:
I might sell my Blowershop 8/71 bearing have just been replaced approx. 10 passes on rebuild.  think.gif

http://www.performanceboats.com/parts-sale/272009-blower.html