Go-Pro

WFO

I am looking at Go-Pro camera. My local Wal-Mart has a Hero 3 Silver for 299.99. My question is the Hero 4 Silver for 399.99 or Black for 499.99. Are the Hero 4 that much better. I plan to use it for multiple task Drag Boat,Quad copter. What would anyone suggest.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
WFO said:
I am looking at Go-Pro camera. My local Wal-Mart has a Hero 3 Silver for 299.99. My question is the Hero 4 Silver for 399.99 or Black for 499.99. Are the Hero 4 that much better. I plan to use it for multiple task Drag Boat,Quad copter. What would anyone suggest.
I'm thinking about one as well. I haven't researched them though! think.gif Post up people, inquiring minds want to know! :smile17:

txliberator

I don't know about all the specific models but get a wi-fi one that you can control with the smartphone app. It makes it much easier to save battery and recording space and can save a ton of editing time.

Chevy2184

I have the garmin camera with the built in wifi... It works great! Like txliberator said you just down load the app to your phone and you can start and stop it with your phone! Or you can also get a remote for it... Plus the garmin will show your gps speed, altitude on the video... If you have one of the garmin watches? (I don't) it will also link with it and show heart rate and all kinds of stuff... Plus it has a little view finder built into the camera so you can see exactly what it's pointing at before you start recording! And it just has one big switch on the side to slide on to start recording! And a red light on top to for sure let you know that you are recording! If you go with the garmin buy the gopro suction mount! The garmin one is kinda cheese!

Disturbed

Whatever Henry had worked pretty well.  It survived the tree impact and was in the water for a little while too. 

Chevy2184

This is the one I have...
7cc3bb83b727498d0714c374e8330da2.jpg

Disturbed

Knotty said:
DISTURBED said:
Whatever Henry had worked pretty well.  It survived the tree impact and was in the water for a little while too.

You did not have to go all into that.  :smile20:

Just sayin' go-pro must be a good product.  You haven't been able to break it yet. 

duanehydro

go-pro video from yesterday...lens can get moisture in it when the humidity is high..camera produes heat..I had to check it between every zipline. Aloha.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TfgsuFE2TY&feature=youtu.be

duanehydro

And that's the simple, hero2...old model. the resolution is much higher, but youtube only posted it in 360p.... think.gif
I bought it used, with the remote control backpack, 2 batteries, all cords , 2 cases, and a arm full of mounts for 150 bucks on ebay.

copterzach

I have 2 silver hero 3's.    And a black hero 3.  Get the wifi.   

https://vimeo.com/111259505

Aggie class of '97.    WHOOP

WFO

Yea already bought the Hero 3 silver. Been taking a few videos but nothing interesting just getting use to it. It does take pretty good video.