go pro camera

spd500

I am thinking about getting the latest camera from gopro , I know there has been talk of them around here . Who has one , and are they any good ? How does the auto mount kit work ?

spd500

I just went ahead and bought the gopro hero2 . I will post results when I get a chance to use it .

jroberts88

let me know how you like it... they are alittle too much for my blood.. for about the same price i could get GPS built into my camera with the contour.. but its another ford vs chevy. thing when it comes down to cameras...

spd500

I have been playing with it a little bit , and I think I am going to like it . The mounts that come with this thing can do almost anything you want . My daughter is loving the deal where she can strap it onto her head . She wore it to Spring Creek BBQ for dinner this evening , got lots of interesting looks , lol .

spd500

I am going to go back this morning and pickup the LCD screen for the camera . It's just weird not being able to aim the camera at what you want to shoot .

Last Mohecian

Administrator
Before you buy that LCD look at the software that is about to come out for the WiFi pack.  Info is on their webpage.  You can control the camera from your smart phone.  It will be out this fall.  Also, If you use the suction cup mount, it will not float even with the floaty back on the camera.  I took a couple of key floats and zip tied them to the mount along with the floaty back on the camera.  It all floats now.

The footage in my "21 Daytona" trailer was all shot with a GoGro.  I took some more footage at Whitney this weekend but have not had a chance to post it.

spd500

I already bought the LCD , but I will check out the new software deal . Controlling from the phone would be cool . I dont have the wifi for it , but it is not that much more expensive to buy . I am mainly using the cameras as dash cams for my wifes truck and my truck , but it is a nice added bonus that it is so usefull for boating also .