GIBBONS CREEK

Don

Anybody heard anything about Gibbons Creek being the lakes are all jacked up we were thinking about floating the boats at Gibbons Saturday

Don

Cool I know 3 boats going Saturday a little boating and some good food at Yankees

TexasJet

On Google Earth I see Gibbons Creek launch ramp. Is that where you put in or is there another ramp? Saturday what time? 10 day forecast calls for 0% chance of rain.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
They have a six lane launch ramp. You have to enter through a security gate, then drive across the spill way. Just follow the road in, it dead ends into the boat ramp and restrooms. It's a nice place, just needs more beach area. Do not beach anywhere other than the designated swim area. The rest of the property is private, and they will ask you to move. One of the gate attendants is a retired boat racer. So he appreciates the fast boats. All they ask is for you to be respectful of others. :smile17:

Devilman

BLACK1975 said:
They are having a big fishing tournament this weekend, I have a few friends fishing in it..

Ought to make for an interesting day, lol... Tell them don't be fussing at them noisy boats now... :grin:

hungry

So I looked up Gibbons Creek fishing tournaments for June 6, 2015 and got a link to the "Kayak Angler Tournament Series!"  That should be interesting indeed.  This also coincides with the national fishing and boating week that lasts June 6-13th.  I think I'll take my pole with me.

Don

Fishing poles and tackle box are in the boat just waiting on Saturday morning
A day with all those plastic boats could be interesting :smile16:
I know the bass boats their don't like us much
Should be their around 10:30

Knotty Girl

I just about got into a fight at the ramp there when a fisherman cussed out my wife because of my boat.  I was not even anywhere close to him.  He ran when I came after him.  Pretty darn tough to a women, not so much to someone who shaves.

Chevy2184

Dang knotty? You bully?! 😎 yeah I love those guys that are pretty big talking tuff to the ladies?? Those are the same ones that can't back the trailer down the boat ramp?? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knotty Girl

I am probably one of the easiest people around to get a long with, for sure not Billy Bad.  However someone jack with my wife I will come after them. 

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Knotty said:
I just about got into a fight at the ramp there when a fisherman cussed out my wife because of my boat.  I was not even anywhere close to him.  He ran when I came after him.  Pretty darn tough to a women, not so much to someone who shaves.
At least we know he didn't have to run too fast to get away! :smile26: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: