Getting serious with High Maintenance

Gold Member

It's time to start setting up the hardware now that I have the power close to where I want it. I bought an angle finder today so I can see where I'm at on the setup. Ride plate is 1.5 degrees up from the keel and the nozzle is 5. From what iv read 3 &4 are a good starting point and 4 &7 is the magic numbers on most wingers so Iv been way off.

Gold Member

Yeah Cliff I need to start now because Its hard to take the time to do all the checking and tuning in the summer. I just want to go to the lake and have fun lol.

Crusader

Motor Head said:
Yeah Cliff I need to start now because Its hard to take the time to do all the checking and tuning in the summer. I just want to go to the lake and have fun lol.

I'm with you bro! I too would rather motorboat than repair during the boating season.

I'm looking forward to seeing/riding in your Ford powered awesomeness of a boat....lol.

Gold Member

Thanks! I'm ready to see what she will really do after feeling of the new motor that Friday of the regatta in the cove when it was running half a$$ right. It's night and day from the 472 I had in it!! :smile16:

blazeracer

up_arrow.png

Hey Patch, that dork had no idea you're talking about hooters... LOLOL

TintMan

Motor Head said:
It's time to start setting up the hardware now that I have the power close to where I want it. I bought an angle finder today so I can see where I'm at on the setup. Ride plate is 1.5 degrees up from the keel and the nozzle is 5. From what iv read 3 &4 are a good starting point and 4 &7 is the magic numbers on most wingers so Iv been way off.
think.gif

blazeracer

Motor Head said:
How is yours setup Tint?

Try all you want Bobby, my Enforcer is gonna lay the smack down on that ole TX of yours... hahaha

Just kidding man, I'll happy as long as it runs 35.

Gold Member

I have the same wedge and I think the same droop but my nozzle angle is only around 5. Up from keel?  I'm going to check it a better way. I know my ride plate is only 1.5 up from the keel so that's not good!