Gel Coat Question

sturat

How well does gel coat take to polishing? I mean how well do minor scrathes come out of it?

Attachments

• tx19_4.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 252

TintMan

Gelcoat polishes up just like paint and usually minor scratches will buff out...depends on definition of MINOR... :smile15:

Devilman

sturat said:
How well does gel coat take to polishing? I mean how well do minor scrathes come out of it?

That guy laying there crying on it should give you a clue....... lol :grin:

Carry on. :smile13:

sturat

can anyone tell from the pic in an honest opinion if most of these will come out???? I know not all but most or at least lighten them up?????

sturat

Devilman said:
sturat said:

That guy laying there crying on it should give you a clue....... lol :grin:

Carry on. :smile13:
That is his grandson who thought the boatwould be his one day

77Jet Star

Stu buffing will definatley help but from what I can see some of those went all the way though hard to tell from the pics.One thing about it it aint gonna look no worse.Just go easy and good luck    :smile10:

Devilman

sturat said:
That is his grandson who thought the boatwould be his one day

Yer killin me here... :undecided: :tongue: :grin:

Man I wish I could tell ya, I've never fooled with any gelcoat.... Sure looks like somebody got rowdy with it, but the pics its just hard to tell. :undecided:

wolfman0613

They look awfully deep to me.You can buff light scrathes out but that looks like it might be into the second color.You can buy a gel coat repair kit and mix it to the color, fill it and buff.

SlowRyd

If it was me I would just plan on painting it after all a black boat is not Texas summer time freindly.
Those seats are gonna burn your ass!!!!!!