Fuel line.

blazeracer

So after getting this pig all together and running well after changing a couple of injectors it's been starting to lose RPM's again. Pulled the plugs yesterday and two were clean, like not running clean. Removed the two corresponding injectors and they have crud in them from the inner lining of the rubber fuel hose. It IS EFI hose too. The supply line is now about a foot of rubber EFI hose from the tank to the filter. A couple inches of rubber hose from the filter to the hard line which runs all the way to the engine compartment, then about another two feet of rubber hose back on the motor. The entire return line is rubber hose.

I think the ethanol in the gas is deteriorating the inner lining of the hose, maybe? Cleaned the crud out of the injectors and it runs like a scalded dog again.

Is there another type of EFI hose that is Ethanol friendly? The crap from O'rielly's is obviously NOT.

oldbuck40

blazeracer said:
So after getting this pig all together and running well after changing a couple of injectors it's been starting to lose RPM's again. Pulled the plugs yesterday and two were clean, like not running clean. Removed the two corresponding injectors and they have crud in them from the inner lining of the rubber fuel hose. It IS EFI hose too. The supply line is now about a foot of rubber EFI hose from the tank to the filter. A couple inches of rubber hose from the filter to the hard line which runs all the way to the engine compartment, then about another two feet of rubber hose back on the motor. The entire return line is rubber hose.

I think the ethanol in the gas is deteriorating the inner lining of the hose, maybe? Cleaned the crud out of the injectors and it runs like a scalded dog again.

Is there another type of EFI hose that is Ethanol friendly? The crap from O'rielly's is obviously NOT.
Pretty sad too! All gas engines now , mowers,weedeaters,ect. should be drained if they have to sit over any period of time or they will have the same problem. I think these sort of problems are just scratching the surface,,bet theres more to come.

SimplyOrange

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-8-X-1-FUEL-INJECTION-FUEL-GAS-LINE-HOSE-R9-THERMOID-FI-504-/380535313057?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5899ac12a1&vxp=mtr#ht_2856wt_679

i happen to have had this saved, i am currently putting together a bosch 044 twin pump system for my sanger,

blazeracer

Good article in Hot Rod on it....

http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/engine/hrdp_1101_performance_fuel_hoses/viewall.html

Looks like SAEJ30R9 is the new standard for fuel hose. After reading all this, even more corn-fused.. Gonna have to go look at the part number on the hose in there now. From what I can tell, if it's the 30R7 hose, that's old style EFI hose that won't work with ethanol.

:smile29:

SimplyOrange

post your findings, i dont run ethanol unleaded but i want the hose just in case i get some.the unbraided hose is the last thing i am buying for the fuel system.

ChryslerJet

EFI Hose is braided hose to handle the High pressure.  There is a fuel hose designed for ethanol and it is silicone lined not rubber lined.  You can tell cause it is black like normal has the braiding like EFI Hose and then inside is blue.  This is not supposed to breakdown with Ethanol.

FormulaZR

What size do you need? I think I have some left over from my EFI swap. I might have 1/2" and 3/8" fiber braid. It's the good stuff.