Ford Help Needed

sturat

Any one have an idea of what I can do for plumbing my over transom headers on a BBF. I have a weiland super cobra jet intake and it has a thread hole in the front of the thermostat housing and a non thread nipple next to it. I placed and OLDS marine housing cover on the ford spot and it seemed to line up. I was thinink about using this as it has two threaded holes one for the overboard dump and the other to tee off two the headers. The threaded hole I have i was going to use for the temp sensor and just plug off the nipple side. What do you think will this work or not?

Devilman

I don't see why not. :huh: Got any pics?

Sounds kinda like my set up:

Thermostat housing on mine is split inside: one side goes to overboard dump line & the other side feeds the headers....

Threaded hole facing frontwards on front of intake goes to a manual temp gauge....

I want to say it has that nipple deal too, but its capped? Not 100% though, I'fd have to look at that again.

sturat

Devilman said:

Thermostat housing on mine is split inside: one side goes to overboard dump line & the other side feeds the headers....

Threaded hole facing frontwards on front of intake goes to a manual temp gauge....
no pic with me I can take some tonight when I get home.

Devilman

I added something about the "nipple" fitting, I want to say mine has that too & I just plugged it. Think it would have been a bypass & hooked up to the top of the water pump, if it were on there.

Don't you have some motor pics on here somewhere already? May be able to see it in those pics...

NotImportant-1

sturat said:
Devilman said:

The pipe on the intake is indeed the bypass connection on the car motor set up. I pulled the pipe on mine and a 3/8 pipe tap works perfect and installed a 3/8 pipe plug in the hole. the rest of my setup is just like you described it Stu.

sturat

One thing that bites is i did not notice it until after i had the intake coated and polished :smile21:
that is why i was thinking just put a rubber cap and hose clamp on it until later when I can mahine it out
here is a picture of the olds housing the bolts line up perfect.

Attachments

• olds housing.jpg
    olds housing.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 106

Devilman

LOL :smile17:

That looks just like near as I can recall. Left hand side goes overboard, right hand side has a screen it & feeds the headers. Got it running through a ball valve right there (where it can be shut off if need be) then through the T-valve where it splits off & goes to the headers.

That little piece there you should be able to polish up without too much work?

NotImportant-1

sturat said:
Thanks Richard and Kenny for the re-enforcement of my plan for the water lines.
After thinking about this some, when I was trying Kenny's Victor, I ran my header or dump line off of the bypass tube and put a pipe plug in one on the thermo housing. After blowing a rubber cap off at speed several years ago sure don't like them dang rubber caps.    Water comes straight at you and your passengers if you blow the end out of the cap like I did

sturat

Esabataj said:
sturat said:
After thinking about this some, when I was trying Kenny's Victor, I ran my header or dump line off of the bypass tube and put a pipe plug in one on the thermo housing. After blowing a rubber cap off at speed several years ago sure don't like them dang rubber caps.     Water comes straight at you and your passengers if you blow the end out of the cap like I did
So drill it out and then tap the hole and plug the beeotch?

NotImportant-1

sturat said:
Esabataj said:
sturat said:
After thinking about this some, when I was trying Kenny's Victor, I ran my header or dump line off of the bypass tube and put a pipe plug in one on the thermo housing. After blowing a rubber cap off at speed several years ago sure don't like them dang rubber caps.    Water comes straight at you and your passengers if you blow the end out of the cap like I did
So drill it out and then tap the hole and plug the beeotch?

No
I just routed one of my hoses to the pipe coming out the front of the intake and pluged one of the outlets on the T stat housing with a brass pipe plug.

Devilman

Esabataj said:

You have passengers in your boat when you are running it on the trailer? You are hardcore, Ghost don't even put passengers in the boat.... :smile13:

NotImportant-1

Devilman said:
Esabataj said:

You have passengers in your boat when you are running it on the trailer? You are hardcore, Ghost don't even put passengers in the boat.... :smile13:

As I said there numnuts

That was several years ago before I got to old and feeble and too broke to run the boat.

Devilman

Esabataj said:
As I said there numnuts

That was several years ago before I got to old and feeble and too broke to run the boat.

Where are your smilies Richard, you are sending out negative vibes without them.... :grin:

And don't give me that "several years" crap, you had it out last summer at Colet.... :rolleyes: :smile17:

NotImportant-1

Devilman said:
Esabataj said:
As I said there numnuts

Where are your smilies Richard, you are sending out negative vibes without them.... :grin:

And don't give me that "several years" crap, you had it out last summer at Colet.... :rolleyes: :smile17:

Who the hell needs smileys

I like sending negative vibes just like some others around here