Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Guadalupe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Frio

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

duanehydro

well now that's kinda tough Neil...from the choices you gave us...from a boating standpoint, I'd say the Colorado river out west..for badass boats. But actually boating on the rough, swiftass  river is something else..lol Or are we talking scenery? I'll take the Frio for that..spent many, many hours floating on it.
The Guadalupe is absolutely stunning, too, just out of the damn. I think they are all pretty awesome, and all have something to offer. :smile16:

jimsplace

I would have to say the Colorado River is where the most performance boats gather, but locally, my preference is the Brazos River.
I've never been to the Colorado River, but from the videos and pictures I've seen, WOW.
    :smile17:

73 Sanger Flat

Plowman or Steel Creek for me , it is close and I like it there ..Plus we have a dam good group of boaters that goes there

Attachments

• DSC01767.JPG
    DSC01767.JPG
    545.2 KB · Views: 73

Disturbed

Colorado River in Altair, TX is my absolute favorite place to go. 
It's close to home.
Never any chop
Absolutely no noise restriction.
Only problem has been the recent drought.  Low water conditions bring underwater hazards into play.

Knotty Girl

DISTURBED said:
It's close to home.
Never any chop
Only problem has been the recent drought.  Low water conditions bring underwater hazards into play.

And I own that river.  :smile22:

Disturbed

Knotty said:
DISTURBED said:
It's close to home.
Never any chop

think.gif think.gif think.gif

I think that river owns you!  :smile26:

Knotty Girl

DISTURBED said:
Knotty said:
DISTURBED said:
It's close to home.
Never any chop

think.gif think.gif think.gif

I think that river owns you!  :smile26:

Oh  think.gif I think you have a point, there was some owning no matter how a person wants to look at it.  :smile19:

Devilman

I'm partial to the Lavaca for pretty much same reasons Tim mentioned about Altair. Its out in the sticks & sees very little traffic, so its great for a relaxing day on the water without a bunch of BS.

I do likes me some Colorado River in either Bay City or Altair though too. And the Brazos, can't forget that one. We haven't been there in awhile but hard to beat an evening ride on the Brazos.

TexasJet

Back in the day it was the Texas Colorado from Altair up to the sandbar. I was up there once with Trey, Ashley, Braden and Trey's mom. We had a great day just hanging out at the beach. I think that's the trip I taught Braden to kneeboard. Trey cooked some sausages on the grill for dinner.

Later we started back and about half way to the launch ramp we shut off the motors and drifted for 2 or 3 hours. Just talking and listening to the radio, maybe drank a few beers. The evening was cool when the sun got low and there were no bugs. It was kind of a magic time I will always remember. Times forever gone.

People move on and things change so you can't really recreate that now days.

Currently, I'd have to say it's the Colorado river between Arizona and California. I've been from Needles down thru Havasu to Parker. It's awesome. This summer I want to put in at Blyth and head up to Parker. I plan on taking a month at least and do this.

I will be going to Desert Storm and starting a thread on that here shortly. We will be staying on a 60' house boat docked at The Islander Resort (party central). I will have the 21' Ultra for two days to run around the lake. The thread start April 21.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
TexasJet said:
Back in the day it was the Texas Colorado from Altair up to the sandbar. I was up there once with Trey, Ashley, Braden and Trey's mom. We had a great day just hanging out at the beach. I think that's the trip I taught Braden to kneeboard. Trey cooked some sausages on the grill for dinner.

Later we started back and about half way to the launch ramp we shut off the motors and drifted for 2 or 3 hours. Just talking and listening to the radio, maybe drank a few beers. The evening was cool when the sun got low and there were no bugs. It was kind of a magic time I will always remember. Times forever gone.

Currently, I'd have to say it's the Colorado river between Arizona and California. I've been from Needles down thru Havasu to Parker. It's awesome. This summer I want to put in at Blyth and head up to Parker. I plan on taking a month at least and do this.

I will be going to Desert Storm and starting a thread on that here shortly. We will be staying on a 60' house boat docked at The Islander Resort (party central). I will have the 21' Ultra for two days to run around the lake. The thread start April 21.
Nice! clap.gif Looking forward to some pics! :smile16:

Disturbed

TexasJet said:

Those days aren't gone.  Once the highland lakes fill up and the LCRA starts releasing water for the farmers, it will be all back to the way it used to be.  Some faces and names may change but, the river keeps flowing.