engine placement

Blender Man

Would'nt you have to know how much power the moter  was going  to make to  decide were the block should be??? :smile15:

EOSpeed

I RAN A 10 INCH DRIVE IN MY TX-18 RACE BOAT. PUMP WAS FULL SET BACK. WHO MAKES TX-18 NOW? I HAD MINE IN 1980. IT WAS A FUN BOAT.
  E.O.

PCKIRKLAND2000

MEASURE FROM YOUR TRANSOM ONTOP OF YOUR STRINGER 24 -26 INCHES SHOULD BE THE DISTANCE TO YOUR REAR MOTOR PLATE FROM THE TRANSOM

badblood

Where is the clean out on the pump in relation to the transom? Inside or outside, mabe in the middle? How much power and does interior space or performance matter more to you? With a normal setback I suggest 10-12inch drive shaft. You will not need a place diverter and it wont stand straight up when you want to go straight forward. If you chose to use an H-joint to save your interior space, then plan on putting a place diverter on it. Or it will porpoise at low speeds. Good Luck and let me know if you need any help with setup.

trickpaint

the clean out center is hangin 3.5 to 4 in. out of the back or the boat,if i can get two seats and a cooler i'm good,planning 468,reworked oval port heads w big valves,roller cam, tunnel ram w 2 600's,w a impeller.back edge of intake is 4 1/4 in. from transom,it's also set up for shoe.boat is 94 bullet(same as tx-18) hull has never been rigged. just need good starting point,figure i can always adjust by inch  or so? :smile11:

kdub

Im with kirkland on the 24 to 26 inch from the rear plate to the transom but if you cant get it to carry the bow by wedging it up then you may have to move it back an inch at a time till you can get your ride plate and wedge where it needs to be especially with iron heads PM me with any questions

badblood

Hey trick paint
    Just come by the shop and measure mine. I will share all my setup info. I have 10 years of r&d in the same hull. Give me a call 903-742-1178.