Engine additive, start up

pro53

Since they do not make the GM (EOS) anymore, what a good additive to add in the oil during break in? using 10/40 rottella and an additive. Flat tappet cam, non roller, need some zinc  :grin:

Devilman

This isn't it?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/nal-88862587

nal-88862587_oh.jpg

Devilman

No problem George. Summit showed 2 different part numbers, one was available & one was not. But the descriptions both read the same?

Whatcha working on? :grin:

pro53

Devilman said:
No problem George. Summit showed 2 different part numbers, one was available & one was not. But the descriptions both read the same?

About to put JD's motor back in his 30 ford roadster.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
pro53 said:
Devilman said:

About to put JD's motor back in his 30 ford roadster.
Uh OH! That ought to be interesting! :smile14:

pro53

Yea, JD had bought a CLEVOR motor, was thrown together with mix match shi#( YOU KNOW, ONE OF THOSE GOOD DEAL MOTORS  :smile29: ), then it dropped a valve on us running, the same guy redid it and , its still thrown together. The motor still has (gold) Grade 8 bolts for head bolts  :rolleyes: I d o not want to put it back in because, its still junk, when it blows again, I will not be pulling it out, car goes back to his garage.

Devilman

Aw man that sux. Sounds like a Thunderbolt/I.C.T. situation... :tongue: What is a CLEVOR motor, that a brand or shop name or something?

Devilman

Gotcha. I googled it in the meantime, turns out its an old school hot rod thing that can work pretty well, when done correctly of course. :grin: Learn something new every day. :cool:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Devilman said:
Gotcha. I googled it in the meantime, turns out its an old school hot rod thing that can work pretty well, when done correctly of course. :grin: Learn something new every day. :cool:
This one is not correct! :smile23:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
It will!  It's actually a killer combination when done right. This one just wasn't right.

jimsplace

Patchman said:
It will!  It's actually a killer combination when done right. This one just wasn't right.

This one just wasn't right.
Are you still talking about the engine or someone we know?
    :smile17:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
jimsplace said:
Patchman said:

This one just wasn't right.
Are you still talking about the engine or someone we know?
    :smile17:
Probably a mix of both! :smile14: