electric water pump

pro53

Any car guys run an electric pump? On my blown bbc in the model a, real tight on room, cant run a short mechanical because of .750 spcers behind the short pump to clear the old school hilborn cover. Having a bear trying to get pulleys lined up.
Anybody run one on a street car(not dailey driver, just a sunny day short disntant cruiser).
Moroso,
Meizer
CSR ?

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 84

Crusader

A buddy of mine runs one on his 1970 SS Chevelle 10sec qtr mile car that he also drives as a daily driver too.

Here's a picture of it from January 2009:

1970SSChevelle.jpg

pro53

Crusader said:
A buddy of mine runs one on his 1970 SS Chevelle 10sec qtr mile car that he also drives as a daily driver too.

Here's a picture of it from January 2009:

1970SSChevelle.jpg

Electric pump?

Crusader

Yes, an electric water pump. I remember specifically talking to him about it because he said that after he runs a race, he'll shut the motor down but let the water pump keep running to cool it off.

I'm not much of a hot rodder however this particular conversation with him stuck out in my mind.

scarabscs

I used to know some guys running Meziere water pumps on their wS6's and SS's.  It frees up a little horsepower.

FormulaZR

scarabscs said:
I used to know some guys running Meziere water pumps on their wS6's and SS's.  It frees up a little horsepower.

Real common on LSx powered cars.

I've had good luck with Meziere - have not tried the others.