El Reno Outlaw race July 11-12

whitetrash148

X2 Knotty on the SAFETY, and I like running equal boats- top fuel against pwc just doesn't seem right,  also joe blow calling who won from the bank- you can bet his buds are going to come out on top, ditto on rolling horn or flag drops- some bodys friend is going to get the advantage! you come to an SDBA race you get a fair shake on everything. This past weekend I was #1 qualifier in the River Racer class, worked my way to the finals and got my ass handed to me by a first time ever,  on the rope racer from Minnesota, went straight to him in the pits and congratulated him. He treed me. But if you want to compete in outlaw races have fun!

blazeracer

Lining up a top fuel with a PWC is just plain stupid and a moronic example. I guess ya'll never been to an asphalt track. Run what ya brung nights were for mainly street cars, or maybe a few bracket cars. Never ever pro class machines. Every Outlaw / By-U-Boyz event and even the Tawak Regatta has local fire dept on the water. I'm pretty sure By-U-Boyz had a diver too. And we only run 660 or 800 feet to keep speeds down.

SDBA just makes it way to expensive for most of us working class weekend warriors to go. And lake racer? What a waste. 80 mph limit in the quarter when my Cheyenne hits 93 in the 1/8th. That's no fun. Outlaw racing is fun as hell, a whole lot cheaper, and just as safe. We don't have 200 mph boats lake racing. We go either 660 or 800 ft, much much safer. El Reno will be my first time going 1000 ft.

Didn't Henry's crash happen at NOT a race?? It was just a Sunday afternoon at the river, wasn't it?

ChryslerJet

blazeracer said:
Lining up a top fuel with a PWC is just plain stupid and a moronic example. I guess ya'll never been to an asphalt track. Run what ya brung nights were for mainly street cars, or maybe a few bracket cars. Never ever pro class machines. Every Outlaw / By-U-Boyz event and even the Tawak Regatta has local fire dept on the water. I'm pretty sure By-U-Boyz had a diver too. And we only run 660 or 800 feet to keep speeds down.

SDBA just makes it way to expensive for most of us working class weekend warriors to go. And lake racer? What a waste. 80 mph limit in the quarter when my Cheyenne hits 93 in the 1/8th. That's no fun. Outlaw racing is fun as hell, a whole lot cheaper, and just as safe. We don't have 200 mph boats lake racing. We go either 660 or 800 ft, much much safer. El Reno will be my first time going 1000 ft.

Didn't Henry's crash happen at NOT a race?? It was just a Sunday afternoon at the river, wasn't it?
Henry's crash was on a river testing for the first race season

Knotty Girl

Yes James it was, that is my point. I was not being foolish in my mind and learned a valuable lesson. Just be safe my friend. I was not picking an argument, just stating my opinion as you were.

Carnivalride

My intent was not to start an internet brawl but merely give a heads up to an upcoming race.

I have raced KDBA, CSDBA, SLDBA, SDBA, Purcell, Ft Cobb and a few other "Outlaw races". IMO they all have their place and I'm not pushing one over the other. By all means if you want the most safety factor stay with the sanctioning organizations that provide the most safety IMO.

However how many here test at a local lake with a few friends around to watch things? You can't tell me an outlaw race with local fire, ambulance and a diver isn't safer.

It's your boat, your life so you have to make your own decisions. I understand accidents happen but if you have good equipment, know how to operate it and take appropriate safety measures and use YOUR head how dangerous are the outlaw type races really?

Sorry for the rant,
Loren

Firefish

El Reno would be fun, but it would be hard to take it serious when the rules were made by the locals, that made them to fit their boats.  The guy that cheats the most and doesn't get caught- wins!  In the SDBA it is serious competition for a points series.  There is no chance of cheating, because you build your boat to run a specific class, and the rules are the same for everyone.  I'm not trying to cause trouble, I appreciate anyone that is promoting our sport and finding us a place to play! 

That's how you do it. Bring enough or go home. It would be awesome to have a "cash days" for boats. A buy in and a call out or draw from the hat or cards to see who you race. "If they build it they will come"  Be safe and have fun.

73 Sanger Flat

Hass - has a twin turbo pickle fork boat .. Runs very well .. He was at Tawokoni that one year .. It was cutting out on him on the top end runs that day .. He has it all worked out now and it will run ..  ..

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
Hass - has a twin turbo pickle fork boat .. Runs very well .. He was at Tawokoni that one year .. It was cutting out on him on the top end runs that day .. He has it all worked out now and it will run ..  ..
What just happened here? Did a V-drive guy say a jetboat can run! crazy.gif :smile17:

Patchman said:
What just happened here? Did a V-drive guy say a jetboat can run! crazy.gif :smile17:
I don't know? I don't think that just happened. Billy?

jimsplace

Patchman said:

Just because we have V-Drives doesn't mean were unreasonable. 
Of course Hass's twin turbo pickle fork can run, he has a Chevy.
    :smile17: