Eagle Lake

copterzach

I will  be spending about 30-40 days in Eagle Lake this summer (after the 4th of July) working.
I was planning on taking my boat this time.  I know there is the lake and I think the Colorado River is right there.  Anyone ever hang out there on that lqke or the river??

Disturbed

We're there quite a bit at the Colorado River.  Its been a pretty well kept secret.  :smile13:  Home of the Sandbar Bash and all of that.  lol.  We'll be seein you there for sure.  Eagle Lake itself is all private.  Absolutely no public access. 

Devilman

Not sure about Eagle Lake, but there is several people that run on the Colorado River there, off 90 close to Altair....

Devilman

First time I went up there, they did it in Sept.... Not sure about last year, think it was in Sept. as well?

They hit it up there damn near every weekend once spring/summer rolls around, though. Nice place up there, laid back.... :smile15:

Disturbed

Devilman said:
First time I went up there, they did it in Sept.... Not sure about last year, think it was in Sept. as well?

They hit it up there damn near every weekend once spring/summer rolls around, though. Nice place up there, laid back.... :smile15:

We've been doing the Bash in September.  It will probably be the same this year. 

Disturbed

copterzach said:
Where does everyone put in at and where does everyone hang out at while on the river??

Put in at the boat ramp under Hwy 90A bridge and go upstream.  When the river is low (like now) don't make any RH turns going upstream (approx  1 1/2 miles).  There's a sand bar in the middle of the river about 6 inches deep.  Nice place to hang out. 

John

i was in that neck of the woods last weekend, thb member hungry, sister got married in Nada.

Disturbed

John said:
i was in that neck of the woods last weekend, thb member hungry, sister got married in Nada.

I hope you didn't blink.  You might have missed that place.  :smile23: :smile23: :smile23: 

Disturbed

sleek460 said:
  Maybe THB needs to cultivate a ''friend '' on Eagle lake who has a boat ramp ?? wha da think ?????

I've never been on it but, I've heard that its full of alligators and snakes and the water quality is very poor.