Dyno session

Chevy2184

Ok was just wondering cause I have never done it? And want to get my ducks in a row for later? But was wondering if you guys know a aproxamation gestamation of what it costs to get a new motor broke in and tuned on a dyno? I'm sure I should be able to find someone around the San Antonio area? But not sure of cost? Or what I should expect to pay? I don't want to break my new mill in on a garden hose?

Thanks

TexasJet

Call Joe at Owens Racing Engines 281-485-5257 for a cost. It varies depending on the motor. Carb or injected or blown. My blower motor was $700 i think. It takes all day from 9:00 am to about 6:00 pm. You may make 10 to 15 pulls on the motor.

mr rogers

You could also check with Scott at Arrow Machine in Brenham. I have worked with him on several projects with success. The last engine I had there was $500 for the dyno time. Mike

Chevy2184

It's a naturally aspirated bbc.... Nothing to fancy? Do I need to have the ignition system? Do they use on they have for their dyno? Guess it just depends on who does the dyno? And what kind they have?

TexasJet

Chevy2184 said:
It's a naturally aspirated bbc.... Nothing to fancy? Do I need to have the ignition system? Do they use on they have for their dyno? Guess it just depends on who does the dyno? And what kind they have?

That's why I gave you the phone number. He will answer all your questions.

Chevy2184

I appreciate it texasjet.... Just hate calling and bugging someone if I'm not really planning on using them? Not that I wouldn't? But that's a long haul for me? I was just trying to get some general info? I have a couple of calls in to janke engines and kotzur racing engines in San Antonio... Just waiting for someone to return my call? I just wasn't sure on ignition,fuel pump,water pump, stuff like that? One of these guys from sa should be able to shed some light on what they need me to show up with....

ChryslerJet

I know there should be a place in SA, I had a motor setup once at a place in SA can't remember the name of the place offhand.  It will come to me. 
BTW if you ever need a hand with anything give me a holler.  I am not far away.  When your ready for the break down run hopefully I will have one of mine on the water too.

Just remembered Duffy's Machine shop they did good work a little epensive but good work, they either have a dyno or have a place they dyno their motors.

horsepower junkie

Duffin machine shop  in SA  off airport av next to hertz. Had my 605 done there. Dropped it off Friday and picked it up the next Friday. Jonny on the spot but like CJ said not cheap but
Good. They have all set records at bonnaville salt flats, good guys to deal with  :smile16:

Chevy2184

I have had machine work done at duffins before... They did some balancing for me before... I did not know they had a dyno? But I will give them a call for sure! Seeing how none of the other guys called me back yesterday? Lol Chrysler jet where are you located?

ChryslerJet

Chevy2184 said:
I have had machine work done at duffins before... They did some balancing for me before... I did not know they had a dyno? But I will give them a call for sure! Seeing how none of the other guys called me back yesterday? Lol Chrysler jet where are you located?
I am in New Braunfels but work in SA.  I am about 5 min or less from Duffins were I work.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
ChryslerJet said:
Chevy2184 said:
I am in New Braunfels but work in SA.  I am about 5 min or less from Duffins were I work.
You need to let them freshen up a BBD for your v-drive! :smile30:

Chevy2184

We'll just got off the phone with duffins... They don't offer a dyno service... But did finally get a hold of someone at janke engines... 500$ and got me the info I needed on what to show up with.... 👍👍👍

ChryslerJet

Patchman said:
ChryslerJet said:
Chevy2184 said:
You need to let them freshen up a BBD for your v-drive! :smile30:
Parks is going to be doing the 440 for the Vdrive.  Need to get those old slugs out so they can bore it out for the new ones.

ChryslerJet

Chevy2184 said:
We'll just got off the phone with duffins... They don't offer a dyno service... But did finally get a hold of someone at janke engines... 500$ and got me the info I needed on what to show up with.... 👍👍👍
Good deal did duffins say who they use to dyno?

Chevy2184

No he didn't say? They did tell me to try janke... So gave them a call back and finally got someone on the phone...