Drunk “Boat Whores” How do you handle this?

Carnivalride

Last Saturday I had a new experience for me. I stopped by “party cove” at Cheney to see who was there and say Hi to a few friends. While I was there some completely drunk chick made her way over to my boat and was hanging all over it. I asked her not to politely a couple of times and she did move, except for falling down and staggering back up several times. She wasn’t with any of the people I was talking with and of course nobody claimed her. About the third time I asked to get away from my boat she demanded that it was her turn for a ride. I told her that I couldn’t give her a ride that I already had a full boat. Of course being drunk she was very persistent and annoying so after telling her to get away a fourth time I gave up and started to leave. She bad mouthed my passengers (my son and his friend) about it being her turn. After a nice fellow boater helped get her away from my boat so we could push off and leave she then latched on to the tube I was pulling and demanded my son’s girlfriend get off let her on. Some people our just unbelievable to me. She didn’t know me, my passengers or any of my friends I was there seeing and she thinks she can demand a ride. I’m giving her the benefit of the doubt that she was only acting like this because she had so much to drink and was all but passed out. How do you handle people like this without being completely rude or making a scene?

Any opinions or tips on how you handle drunks like this?

Thanks,
Loren

oldbuck40

Carnivalride said:
Last Saturday I had a new experience for me. I stopped by “party cove” at Cheney to see who was there and say Hi to a few friends. While I was there some completely drunk chick made her way over to my boat and was hanging all over it. I asked her not to politely a couple of times and she did move, except for falling down and staggering back up several times. She wasn’t with any of the people I was talking with and of course nobody claimed her. About the third time I asked to get away from my boat she demanded that it was her turn for a ride. I told her that I couldn’t give her a ride that I already had a full boat. Of course being drunk she was very persistent and annoying so after telling her to get away a fourth time I gave up and started to leave. She bad mouthed my passengers (my son and his friend) about it being her turn. After a nice fellow boater helped get her away from my boat so we could push off and leave she then latched on to the tube I was pulling and demanded my son’s girlfriend get off let her on. Some people our just unbelievable to me. She didn’t know me, my passengers or any of my friends I was there seeing and she thinks she can demand a ride. I’m giving her the benefit of the doubt that she was only acting like this because she had so much to drink and was all but passed out. How do you handle people like this without being completely rude or making a scene?

Any opinions or tips on how you handle drunks like this?

Thanks,
Loren
:smile23: :smile23: :smile23: damn thats funny!  looks like you did the only thing you could have done!  i was gonna say take her for a ride and scare the crap outta her but then what if she got hurt!!! you dont need that mess to deal with!
some people just cant handle their beer!

77Jet Star

I understand you not wanting to be rude but sometimes thats what it takes.Her bad mouthing your son thats when the gloves would have come off and I would have called the lake patrol.She probably dosen't remember it anyway.  :smile18:

I don't know about whore's but my buddy is the world worst! he get's drunk and makes a ass out of his self ! I've told him to not drink some much and do it! so now no body will take him to the lake or any where else! suck's because sober you can't ask for a better person!!!

73 Sanger Flat

some people just do not have any manner . Look like you handled it the best that you could . It is hard  not to  just unload sometimes, but sound like you manage the sistuation better than most of us would have .  :smile15:

Almost everytime I take my boat out , some stranger wants a ride .  i can not be responsible for other people , especially if they been drinking

Carnivalride

Brazos River Rat said:
some people just do not have any manner . Look like you handled it the best that you could . It is hard  not to  just unload sometimes, but sound like you manage the sistuation better than most of us would have .  :smile15:
Don't give me too much credit having my son and his friends there probably had a little to do with my more diplomatic than usual approach.  :wink:

Brazos River Rat said:
Almost everytime I take my boat out , some stranger wants a ride .
I understand and if approached correctly and if the waters good I'll usually give them a little blast. But like you said I'm not going to be responsible for some drunk in my boat.  :rolleyes:

Carnivalride

JETSTAR said:
I understand you not wanting to be rude but sometimes thats what it takes.Her bad mouthing your son thats when the gloves would have come off and I would have called the lake patrol.She probably dosen't remember it anyway.  :smile18:
Your right I bet she doesn't remember much but I'll bet money she's still hung over today!

My son's almost 16 and was in no danger so I couldn't see arguing with her. We were launching at that time anyway so what's the point.

73 Sanger Flat

I am like you , I do not mind giving rides if the condition are correct and I like the person , It is a  thrill to watch them react to our kind of boats , But then you get the one that makes it bad for you .

It would have been funny to put her on the tube and just blasted her off of it with the prop wash and then just kept going .
Let her swim back to the bank , but my lluck I would get in trouble for it .

I still think you did the best thing .

Carnivalride

Brazos River Rat said:
It would have been funny to put her on the tube and just blasted her off of it with the prop wash and then just kept going .
Let her swim back to the bank , but my lluck I would get in trouble for it .

I still think you did the best thing .

She was so trashed she would have drowned, this is a shallow sandbar beach area and she had no life jacket. I honestly think I could just rip the tube out from under her.

farmo83

I would have told her to wait while I warmed the boat up. Made sure  the the pump was facing her. Got in started the boat and mashed it.