Droop snoot w/ ride plate.

blazeracer

Ordered a new diverter control from Place cause mine was acting funny making the pump run all the time with no action to the solenoid. It just arrived with a flyer for this in the envelope. Never heard of it, but it looks like an easy way to add a droop and ride plate to a non set back pump.

http://www.placediverter.com/proddetail.php?prod=place_diverter_droop_snoot

duanehydro

I've installed 3 with good results. I think Kenny runs one as well...just gotta watch wedge angles, if installed.

Becket

I'm no understand......."The PDC Droop Snoot offers the lowest thrust discharge in the industry" Ain't that just the Opposite of what we want??  think.gif

72hondo

Gas-Hole said:
I'm no understand......."The PDC Droop Snoot offers the lowest thrust discharge in the industry" Ain't that just the Opposite of what we want??  think.gif

Pretty sure they mean lowest thrust line in the water. Lower the thrust angle the drier the boat should ride, in theory.

Devilman

Duanehydro said:
I've installed 3 with good results. I think Kenny runs one as well...just gotta watch wedge angles, if installed.

Ya I have one... George has one on his Omega as well. The ride plate that comes with it is kinda little, George made longer ones for his boat & mine as well that seem to fit better.

blazeracer

72hondo said:
Gas-Hole said:

Pretty sure they mean lowest thrust line in the water. Lower the thrust angle the drier the boat should ride, in theory.

In theory yes, but the heavier the boat, the more thrust energy is used to lift the boat rather than move it forward IMO. I lost 4 mph on the Glastron with a droop. I'll bet the Enforcer gains MPH with the same droop cause it's about 800 lbs lighter on the hull alone with no interior at all other than the seats.

Devilman

Ya, that's the theory as how it was explained to me... Not all boats will like 'em, so its a trial & error thing. I was fortunate to be able to borrow one & try it out. I gained 4 mph with it, along with a small wedge, not sure of the degree. Only reason I used it was so the bolts would work. No ride plate.

Since it worked on my boat, I bought my own & been running it with no wedge. Ran it for awhile with no ride plate. I never tested it after adding the ride plate, so while it is faster now than it was when first testing the droop, I did other stuff as well so honestly not sure how much benefit the ride plate actually was.

Place designed these in a effort to provide a "bolt on ride plate" for those who don't wish to pull the intake and replace or machine thier intake , they work well as designed we have sold dozens iver the years with good results and positive feed back  Tom

http://www.jetboatperformance.biz/pages/droop_snoots.html