Dirty Rotten

sinner808

So, I'm balls deep in rebuilding my Tahiti and found half the transom and a big chunk of the floor rotted out.  I figured "Dirty Rotten" would be a fitting name for her.  Whaddaya think?

Devilman

sinner808 said:
So, I'm balls deep in rebuilding my Tahiti and found half the transom and a big chunk of the floor rotted out.  I figured "Dirty Rotten" would be a fitting name for her.  Whaddaya think?

I like it..... :smile13:

C

CorDog009

Me too  :smile15:  From what my wife says all the time, mine should be called "That damn boat's gonna cause a divorce"  :smile23:

sinner808

RandallAgain said:
where  are you located at? and do ya have pics on here?

I live in Hawaii...and here are some pics of the fkn rot

bowrot.jpg
..up under the bow
transomrot.jpg
...the transom

in process of repair...

floor2.jpg

transom.jpg

pro53

Are you cuttin out only the bad spots.Being a jet I proably would have did the whole transome in 1 piece for strength.

sinner808

pro53 said:
Are you cuttin out only the bad spots.Being a jet I proably would have did the whole transome in 1 piece for strength.

yeah, i'm only cutting out the bad spots.  but  i'm gonna reglass the whole transom with some thick mat, then cover it with another layer of cloth.  I think it should be plenty strong.

RandallAgain said:
where are you gonna run at?

Kaneohe Bay

You are already there and doing half of it; so go ahead and do the rest. Rot is like rust, the piece that you leave will be what bites you later.

dragdaddyO

i can atest to that! started on mine last year and was just going to change out the carpet. ended up the transom was rotted about 6" up all the way across. "anything worth doing is worth doing right."  :smile15:

dragdaddyO

you could call her Wahine Pilikia "woman trouble", the boat that is! how about this Kekona Pilialo "second wife" :smile24: