Conroe, Concert Gathering on the Water July 28th

scarabscs

Most of the Conroe / Montgomery / Magnolia and surrounding members have expressed intrest in getting together for a show at Papa's on the Lake and watching from the water.  I just took a look at the show schedule and im not familiar with the bands.  Can anyone chime in and comment on whos good and whos not?

http://www.papasonthelake.com/calendar/month.php?date=20120701

Lets pick a date and make this happen, some time between now and Rockin The Cove.  We should probably do is on a Sat, that way everyone can boat and BS before we head over and raft up for the show.

Thoughts, comments?

Kristin and I should be good for July 7, 21 or 28.

scarabscs

Henry, We all know this is true!!!  With my boat, Johns boat and Mikes boat rafted up in the middle wed have a damn dance floor!!! jump.gif

Knotty Girl

scarabscs said:
Henry, We all know this is true!!!  With my boat, Johns boat and Mikes boat rafted up in the middle wed have a damn dance floor!!! jump.gif

I'm all on that!  :smile16:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
TexasJet said:
Sounds interesting. Would my little 19' boat be big enough to handle the chop?
It's in a cove, and there are ramps real close, so I don't think chop will be an issue. :smile16:

scarabscs

Inland and Lakeview Marinas are in the same cove as Papas, so you would be fine in a small boat.  If you have to run out in the main body of the lake, it all depends on how the wind is blowing, and what direction.

Ive been out there on days where its extremely smooth, and days where its rough as hell!

shimp

I might be down for that one weekend in July, especially if the ramps are close / in the cove.  My poor little boat don't like the high-seas very much, but I have good bilge pump, so it would be "ok" as long as I don't get completely sunk, LOL.

scarabscs

Haha. It's a really short run from the ramp to papas. You would be plenty fine!  Just bring a siphon hose incase the bulge pump takes a shit on ya! J/J

scarabscs

Alright, so that leaves us July 21st and July 28th.  Im good for either weekend.

21st = Tubie and the Touch Tones
28th = Rythym Bandits

Anyone know of either of these bands?

Ed, didnt you used to play with Tubie?  :smile16:

Devilman

scarabscs said:
Alright, so that leaves us July 21st and July 28th.  Im good for either weekend.

28th = Rythym Bandits

Think you got Ed mixed up with Henry.... Oh wait, you said tubie, not tube... my bad... lol

Knotty Girl

Devilman said:
scarabscs said:

28th = Rythym Bandits

Think you got Ed mixed up with Henry.... Oh wait, you said tubie, not tube... my bad... lol

Hush Kenny.  :smile16:

scarabscs

Ok, so heres the current roll call

Scarabscs
Knotty
TexasJet
Mike S
Shimp
Patch

Probably John
Probably Drum

This is going to be a good turn out!  We'll probably get there early and boat some during the day.

TexasJet

"This is going to be a good turn out!  We'll probably get there early and boat some during the day."

That's my plan.