Color Me Gone

FL350

Administrator
Carnivalride said:
FL350 said:
Yea that's the general numbers. I think some of the motors Pfaff are putting out are 740 ish.

It still takes a good boat and nice set up to run that kind of mph with only 700hp. That 740hp makes me feel bad about my pump gas deal since I've got so many advantages over them with their superstock rules.  :smile19:
You got that right. Set up Set up.... You have yours running real nice!

Carnivalride

FL350 said:
Carnivalride said:
FL350 said:
Yea that's the general numbers. I think some of the motors Pfaff are putting out are 740 ish.

It still takes a good boat and nice set up to run that kind of mph with only 700hp. That 740hp makes me feel bad about my pump gas deal since I've got so many advantages over them with their superstock rules.  :smile19:
You got that right. Set up Set up.... You have yours running real nice!
Thanks I appreciate it.  :smile27:

Carnivalride

FL350 said:
Here are some stills from the video. It's riding real good!

Not being familiar with circle flats could it take a little more attitude or would that make it drag the tail? I don't know we're the rocker is or how much rocker they have so I'm just trying to learn. Your chines looked like they were cleaning up good for the power I assume you have. What kind of mph was that pass?

FL350

Administrator
Carnivalride said:
FL350 said:

Not being familiar with circle flats could it take a little more attitude or would that make it drag the tail? I don't know we're the rocker is or how much rocker they have so I'm just trying to learn. Your chines looked like they were cleaning up good for the power I assume you have. What kind of mph was that pass?
[/quote
Yes some of them will carry the nose a little higher but the rocker is foward on these. Here's a pic from years ago. It's riding pretty good up on the strakes. I'm pretty close. That was just a shakedown run still have some fine tuning to do.

Carnivalride

FL350 said:
Carnivalride said:
FL350 said:

[/quote
Yes some of them will carry the nose a little higher but the rocker is foward on these. Here's a pic from years ago. It's riding pretty good up on the strakes. I'm pretty close. That was just a shakedown run still have some fine tuning to do.

Wow if mine was that flat it would be belly sliding the rocker and sucking in. So I take it you must be pretty flat on the last 4' and have very little rocker compared to the drag boats.

Thanks for the picture.

FL350

Administrator
Well we picked up a new sponsor, did a name change, and a number change. You guys need to give Scott (Tintman) a call to do all your printing needs and accessories. 903-569-5558
The name change has a lot of sentimental value along with the number. Here are some pics of Scott's work

Devilman

That is some really nice work! Could you fill us in on the backstory on the name & number? I always enjoy knowing the background on these boats (figure other folks do too) it seems like it helps keep the history & attraction to them alive.... thanks!

FL350

Administrator
Thanks! Scott does great work at a great price.
The story behind the name change and the number is he won 3 out 4 of his for National Championships with that on the side of his boats. he registered that number back in the late 60's with the APBA. About 3 years ago he didn't register so the President of the APBA took it. That guy stepped down last year and retired, when I called the APBA a couple of weeks ago they said it was available, I called my uncle, told my uncle about it and he said you need a number I'm going to let you carry on the tradition. That means a lot to me. The race numbers in the circle boat racing is kinda like NASCAR. Guys stick with forever.

Now the name change goes back to my most favorite boat he ever owned (and he's owned over 60 circle boats) and the one he won his last National Championship in the Superstock class. It was called Color Me Gone. He called it that because of the 2 different colors of anodizing and polished rigging in the boat. My new boat has 2 different colors and polished parts in the rigging and since I have his number I thought it would be appropriate t call it Color Me Gone too.

Here is the Color Me Gone crossing the finish line at Miami Marine Stadium in 1986 his last National Championship.

Devilman

Thanks for the story on it, that's awesome as hell. Great way to carry the tradition forward.  :smile17:

FL350

Administrator
Tried out a new coater. Sent him some parts for a try out. Very impressed!!! He's a member here forgot his user name. His company is DFW Coating 817-203-4350. His name is Richard. Outstanding prices!
https://www.facebook.com/DFWcoating

customtouch

FL350 said:
Tried out a new coater. Sent him some parts for a try out. Very impressed!!! He's a member here forgot his user name. His company is DFW Coating 817-203-4350. His name is Richard. Outstanding prices!
https://www.facebook.com/DFWcoating

I would like to see that color in person. Pictures can be very deceiving but I am thinking that is the bright orange I have been looking for to do my hardware in. It shows to be almost a bright copper on my screen but I am guessing from past experience of cameras that it is a candyish orange. Is that right?

FL350

Administrator
It's called Tangello tangerine. I sent him some photos of some anodized pieces and he sent me some samples. I chose the one that was closest. It's really hard to tell the difference between the ano and powder.

customtouch

FL350 said:
It's called Tangello tangerine. I sent him some photos of some anodized pieces and he sent me some samples. I chose the one that was closest. It's really hard to tell the difference between the ano and powder.

I will probably check out his samples and get a quote from him when I am ready to get the hardware done on mine but I wish he was closer to me. I don't make it to Dallas that much anymore and it would be a hassle packing & shipping it all, but sometimes it is worth it to get a good job. I will definatly keep him in mind as an option when I get ready.