Cole tr-2 low buck resto

vdrivegrimes

well figured i would start a thread...
here are some pics, so far all work has been done by me.
057.jpg

060.jpg

044-2.jpg

vdrivegrimes

thanks yall, i used Cabot spar varnish (gloss) its marine grade varnish and its self leveling and thick. worked really good, we will see how well it last. and best of all it cost me a total of $23.00

Devilman

That is a helluva difference, floor looks great.  :smile16: Keep the pics coming, love a build thread.. :smile17:

vdrivegrimes

thanks guys, me and the misses are about to pull it in the garage and pull it off the trailer, going to start the body work on it and paint it white for now.

once i get all that done hope to take it to beaverfab and get some motor plates, whirl-a-way, and some over odd ball stuff.

BILLY, you have 2 pedals for you cav. plates or one? ive been reading about goin to a single pedal.

73 Sanger Flat

vdrivegrimes said:
thanks guys, me and the misses are about to pull it in the garage and pull it off the trailer, going to start the body work on it and paint it white for now.

once i get all that done hope to take it to beaverfab and get some motor plates, whirl-a-way, and some over odd ball stuff.

BILLY, you have 2 pedals for you cav. plates or one? ive been reading about goin to a single pedal.

I have two pedals in mine  with the lock out handle .
I would keep it with the two pedals . Most of the time you will not need the up pedal , but once you start getting some speed in the boat .(100 mph plus) , the plates will start to move on you some , that is when you use the up pedal to lock the caviation plates in . It basically locks the rod against the "stop" on the cavitaion rod . Mine has a "stop" so the pedal can only come up so far and then it will stop ..

spd500

Didn't you post somewhere that you found someone to do a wrap on this boat for a really good price ? You got contact info for them ?

vdrivegrimes

i bought my boat on a BOS with no title. the guy thought it was a hondo. i bought this boat for 600bux 95% complete with trailer. today i spoke with jj and he told me where my HIN would be. after alittle sanding i found it. it in fact is a 1978 Cole. now that i have the hin can i post it up and have a cole expert tell me what model it is. im pretty sure its a tr2. the side if the boat flexs just a hair and the deck is solid and has 1.5in stringers.

thanks again to jj.

jimsplace

If the outer cavitation plate goes to the outside edge of the boat, it is a TR-1, if the outside plate goes almost to the edge, but stops short where there is an outside runner, it is a TR-2. 

Devilman

Thats cool man, nothing like discovering a little something about your sled. Keep us updated on your progress. :smile16: