Chrysler jet, this ones for us.

galen

It is a cast aluminum water block, full cooling. 5" bore space. 734". Can even be built for pump gas. I want one, Now how to get it past mama. Maybe if I tell her it will fit in the car and the boat.  think.gif

galen

Randall without the nitrous you can build it yourself for right at 40. 50 if they do it and dyno it as pictured. Right at 1500 hp without the happy gas. Beyond my reach but not bad for a 5" bore space engine. That is with Jesel lifters, belt drive and rockers. GRP rods, Callies crank, CP pistons. Titanium valves. Dry sump, vac pump. Supposed to be easy on parts if there is such an animal. Next engine I build will be a hemi or a predator head,  not sure which way I want to go.  I do love natural aspirated horsepower and it sure is pretty. We are limited on aftermarket mopar stuff so that drives the price up.

ChryslerJet

galen said:
It is a cast aluminum water block, full cooling. 5" bore space. 734". Can even be built for pump gas. I want one, Now how to get it past mama. Maybe if I tell her it will fit in the car and the boat.  think.gif
Oh Hell Yeah but then How do I tell the wifey we are living in the boat cause it cost us 50 Gs for the motor.  I would love to get my hands on a aluminum low deck big block to build a 498" stroker from.  Kieth Black made some but they are rare to find.  I think we are more easily to fond an all aluminum 6.1L and work from there.  A Viper V10 would be good too the Truck V10 were cast iron blocks and heavy.

galen

soldier of fortune said:
WOW nevermind
Randall my word exactly (WOW), I would be scared to run it. I tend to break things from time to time. :grin:    If I ever want to upgrade I will stick a procharger on  mine and call it good.  CJ you can get a Koleno iron block in low or high deck. Thats what I have and it is stout, 320 lbs bare though. Ask JJ it's a heavy hunk of iron in the back of my boat.

ChryslerJet

galen said:
soldier of fortune said:
WOW nevermind
Randall my word exactly (WOW), I would be scared to run it. I tend to break things from time to time. :grin:    If I ever want to upgrade I will stick a procharger on  mine and call it good.  CJ you can get a Koleno iron block in low or high deck. Thats what I have and it is stout, 320 lbs bare though. Ask JJ it's a heavy hunk of iron in the back of my boat.
I have several iron blocks I could use for projects, but I have always wanted an aluminum one.  I wondered how my 68 Cuda would do with one in it since it would pull the front wheels off the ground with the heavy 383 iron block and heads what would it do with 100-200 less pounds in the front end.

customtouch

ChryslerJet said:
galen said:
soldier of fortune said:
WOW nevermind
I have several iron blocks I could use for projects, but I have always wanted an aluminum one.  I wondered how my 68 Cuda would do with one in it since it would pull the front wheels off the ground with the heavy 383 iron block and heads what would it do with 100-200 less pounds in the front end.

Slow down for the speed bumps and it won't do that!!!  :grin:

customtouch said:
ChryslerJet said:
galen said:
soldier of fortune said:
WOW nevermind

ha.... ha..... :smile17:

ChryslerJet

customtouch said:
ChryslerJet said:
galen said:
soldier of fortune said:
WOW nevermind

Guess I should have stated when I was at the track with the 12.5" wide mickeys on it.  It never did that on the street I was more likely to go sideways on the street from loss of traction.

customtouch

ChryslerJet said:
customtouch said:
ChryslerJet said:
galen said:
soldier of fortune said:
WOW nevermind

Guess I should have stated when I was at the track with the 12.5" wide mickeys on it.  It never did that on the street I was more likely to go sideways on the street from loss of traction.

think.gif  :smile23:  :grin:

ChryslerJet said:
galen said:
soldier of fortune said:
WOW nevermind

you wanna sell the '68 ?

ChryslerJet

soldier of fortune said:
ChryslerJet said:
galen said:
soldier of fortune said:
WOW nevermind

you wanna sell the '68 ?
Sold it in 04 wish I hadn't though want it back.  Pics are on a hard drive somewhere will see if I can dig them up.  Now it wasn't wheel standing but it did lift the front end I never saw it but others told me it did.  I was always behind the wheel.

SimplyOrange

ChryslerJet said:
soldier of fortune said:
ChryslerJet said:
galen said:
soldier of fortune said:
WOW nevermind

you wanna sell the '68 ?
Sold it in 04 wish I hadn't though want it back.  Pics are on a hard drive somewhere will see if I can dig them up.  Now it wasn't wheel standing but it did lift the front end I never saw it but others told me it did.  I was always behind the wheel.

they were obviously drinking and/or blind.....