Ceramic coating for headers. Marshall Tx

J C Gordon

DK coatings is in Marshall Tx and they do ceramic coating for headers. I just had mine done and they turned out really good. Cost was $195 out the door. Now be aware, they had mine for 3 months. But I wasnt in a hurry for them and they knew that. Just thought I would share this. Their number is 903-935-0502.  bling.gif

jimmyray0682

man i went and bought me a couple cans of that vht coating you can get at autozone you spray it on then crank your motor up let run til the headers get nice and hot for about 30 min. i put three coats on mine they came out pretty good

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
jimmyray0682 said:
man i went and bought me a couple cans of that vht coating you can get at autozone you spray it on then crank your motor up let run til the headers get nice and hot for about 30 min. i put three coats on mine they came out pretty good
think.gif Pics? think.gif

jimmyray0682

Patchman said:
jimmyray0682 said:
think.gif Pics? think.gif
next chance i get ill go take pics just of my headers

scarabscs

It actually does pretty good.  I did a set of MAC Midlengths on my WS6 several years back.  I sand blasted them, and then sprayed them with the gray VHT paint, that was the high temp rating.  They came out good, and lasted until I sold them.

If your boat runs rich, it will probably be ok.  If it runs lean, the paint will probably flake at the flange by the head.  Good luck.

jimmyray0682

Patchman said:
Does it seem to hold up after a couple of heat cycles? think.gif They look great!

ive gotten mine hot a couple of times and they seem to be holding up pretty good im probably gonna spray one more coat on. i knicked a couple spots when i installed them so really just need touch up.

C

CorDog009

I'd like to get my Borlas ceramic coated one of these days. Marshall isn't too far either.