Carter Billet fuel Pump - Rebuild Kits

73 Sanger Flat

I have a Carter Billet Mechanical fuel pump and it needs a rebuild kit .. It started leaking out the side of it .. I called Carter and they do not sell the kits , but did offer up a contact person for me to try .. I called Tom at Then and Now  and he was very helpful . The number that is stamped into the side of the pump is not really a good number .. Maybe for the person who made it, but not for looking up parts for it .. Anyway , I took pictures of the pump and sent to him and with that he thinks he has all the components to make a kit for it .. So I will let you guys know in a few days if it works .. I hope so . The kit is 47.50 and shipping of 8.50-- 56.00 is a lot cheaper than the 270.00 for a new one .. So if anyone is looking for a fuel pump kit , you might try and call Tom at 781-335-8860 and talk with him .. he seem to be very knowledgeable on fuel pumps

EOSpeed

The part # 888-562 . They all list it but  it is out of stock.  I am looking.
                                                                            :smile19:

73 Sanger Flat

I should have one at the house in a few days EO .. I will let you know if it works .. I talked to Carter and another pump suppliers and they both told me to go to this guy to get the parts .. That is the same rebuild kit number I found , but I could not find one in stock ..

73 Sanger Flat

EO- I received the rebuild kit and wanted to see if I could drop it off with you and have you rebuild it for me .. Not sure if I can rebuild this or not .. I do not want to mess it up ans screw up my new parts Let me know when you are in the shop and I will swing by .. I have the pump and the kit in my car ..

EOSpeed

call me. It takes 4 hands to redo one.
                                                                    :smile17:

73 Sanger Flat

OK -- That what I was afraid of.. I will give you a call today ( Wednesday ) and see when I can stop by and get your help on this .. I am busy today and after work , My Aunt is in the Hospital , so I will have to catch you later this week or this weekend .. Thanks EO ..

73 Sanger Flat

Well I went a different route on this .. EO is looking at the pump .. So for now I bought a Clay Smith pump for 175.00  They told me it should handle  1300 HP on gas and 1150 on Alcohol .. So I should be good on my engine .. Received it Wednesday .. Also Clay Smith Cams will rebuild this pump for $75 including labor , it will cost shipping on top of that .. Time to get it installed this weekend early morning before it get so freaking hot outside..