Can you spot the problem?

73 Sanger Flat

I have one but the thermostat section is ate up pretty good , it would have to be used on a boat wth no thermostat .. It a Team G intake that i bought off of Dave ( Turbo ) that used to live in Granbury ) that he was using on his twin turbo Chevy .. ..

Rectangle port with dominator flange .. I gave 40.00 for it . I would take that , but I am up by Ft.Worth . if you got any one heading your way from the Ft. worth area , they could bring it to you ..

Too hard for me to box and ship ..

73 Sanger Flat

Chris , what intake do you have for a tall deck ? I might could use it ..

I will bring the Team G intake for a regular deck with a dominator flange to work with me Friday and hopefully we can get it to you .

chris94l

Brazos River Rat said:
Chris , what intake do you have for a tall deck ? I might could use it ..

I will bring the Team G intake for a regular deck with a dominator flange to work with me Friday and hopefully we can get it to you .
I'm not 100% sure it's for a tall deck but when we went to set it on it was too wide and wouldn't fit down in the hole. It is a really nice Dart intake.

73 Sanger Flat

Sound like a tall deck intake . I also have a  Dart Tall Deck intake that is  on my current set up.

Are you turning a lot of RPM ?, just curious why you running such a big intake and carb

chris94l

Brazos River Rat said:
Sound like a tall deck intake . I also have a  Dart Tall Deck intake that is  on my current set up.

Are you turning a lot of RPM ?, just curious why you running such a big intake and carb

Honestly I have no clue what Rpm it will turn as it was hurt when I bought it. It was turning 5500 only hitting on 6 cylinders though. This is actually less carb than it used to have as I am changing from a tunnel ram with dual 660s to this setup 

73 Sanger Flat

I brought the Team G Intake with me today , I will be at work from 6:00 to 2:00 and need to get out of here at 2:00 today . let me know if you can pick it up .

I sent you a PM yesterday with work address and cell number

73 Sanger Flat

Chris
Matt just picked the intake up . let me know if it does not work for you

Hope you get it on tonight and back on the water Saturday

chris94l

Thanks for the intake Billy, seems like it will do the job for now. Thanks again Matt for picking it up for me. Got it pretty much buttoned back up now, just gonna take it to the ramp tonite to make sure everything is good. It fires up and idles alot easier than it did before and sounds way better now as well. Did the head gaskets and changed from the tunnel ram to a Weiand Team G with Dominator 1050. Did a Holley quick kit on the carb and with the stock settings it is idling great.

Last Mohecian

Administrator
chris94l said:
Thanks for the intake Billy, seems like it will do the job for now. Thanks again Matt for picking it up for me. Got it pretty much buttoned back up now, just gonna take it to the ramp tonite to make sure everything is good. It fires up and idles alot easier than it did before and sounds way better now as well. Did the head gaskets and changed from the tunnel ram to a Weiand Team G with Dominator 1050. Did a Holley quick kit on the carb and with the stock settings it is idling great.

Good deal

chris94l

Still playing with it some. Gotta pull the carb back off and re-seal the regulator feed line due to leak. Gotta figure out timing with this Unilite Dizzy it has in it. From what I can tell I'm gonna have to set it to 10-12° at idle to get 34-36° at 3k because it has 24° built in advance (first time I have messed with anything like this, everything else I have touched with a distributer has been a computer controlled Ford). Started it up and pulled the oil cap off and didn't get blasted away from crankcase pressure like it did before. Other than that it sounds great, pops right off and sits there and idles at 800-1000 unlike the dang near 1500 it wanted before. Oh and after we pulled it back off the ramp after running it for a while pulled the dipstick and it was a little milky. Dunno if its from sitting out for a couple weeks or from a leaky intake gasket. Guess an oil change will tell. Not sure if the alternator is charging either need to get some new probes for my DMM and check it while its running. Also getting some water in the outer sponsons not sure if its where the tanks are bolted through or if those flapper valves are defective. I'd like to put a smaller bilge pump in each outter one and relocate the ones in the center to off of the pump intake. Can never have enough pump to remove water...