Bottom Blueprinting

J C Gordon

I have seen where people are claiming big topend numbers with decent power. I have around 700hp and have shot up to a 300 shot before and dont think i'm getting in the triples digits. Is what Im wondering is will blueprinting the bottom and maybe a drop keel help out, and who does this kinda work in these areas and how much. I have an 80 youngblood TX19 450# hull.  think.gif

J C Gordon

And before I'm asked, I'm not looking to be the bigdog on how fast it will GPS. I want it to be a rocket for 1320', and shutdown nicely like it does now.

3boatpaul

J C Gordon said:
And before I'm asked, I'm not looking to be the bigdog on how fast it will GPS. I want it to be a rocket for 1320', and shutdown nicely like it does now.
JC ... dude, you want it to be a rocket for the 1/4 and don't want to be the big dog ??? think.gif  ooooooo  just want to be on the porch with the big jdddds oooooooooo big dog's . jump.gif  dang don't worry about a 1/4  most wont run out any more that  800 -- 1000 ft. anyway , set it up for that.  bling.gif

turboed-tx-20

I'd do some intake pressure testing and adjust some of the hardware before i would worry about the bottom on a tx-19,a little more lift may get you their.

J C Gordon

3boatpaul said:
J C Gordon said:
JC ... dude, you want it to be a rocket for the 1/4 and don't want to be the big dog ??? think.gif  ooooooo  just want to be on the porch with the big jdddds oooooooooo big dog's . jump.gif  dang don't worry about a 1/4  most wont run out any more that  800 -- 1000 ft. anyway , set it up for that.  bling.gif

Yeah I know Paul, but I figure if I can cover the 1/4 I'll have the 1,000' taken care of!! And I already have most of the parts to set up for pressure testing. Ive seen some with two ports, one on top and one toward the bottom, both being on the sides. Is this nessasary for tuning or can ya get a good read with just one?

And what is the golden pressure #'s to shoot for?

EOSpeed

WOLF IS THE ONE YOU WANT. IF HE WILL DO IT HE BUILT THE FASTEST TX 19 THER EVER WAS.
                                                        :smile17:

TintMan

EOSpeed said:
WOLF IS THE ONE YOU WANT. IF HE WILL DO IT HE BUILT THE FASTEST TX 19 THER EVER WAS.
                                                        :smile17:

Really? think.gif  i wonder how fast that was? :grin:

JC-I'd say call CHOP-He can tell ya what it needs!

J C Gordon

Yep, I've seen more than a few of Chop's setups in action and they really work. Dont know the "Wolf" guy where is he at? And thanks for the thread Alan. Those guys are serious assholes but I guess thats the Cali in them. And some know their stuff.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Keep the info flowing, not that it pertains to me, but I'm intrigued by the subject! Gives some of us something to read and learn! :smile27:

78Kona

J C Gordon said:
Yep, I've seen more than a few of Chop's setups in action and they really work. Dont know the "Wolf" guy where is he at? And thanks for the thread Alan. Those guys are serious assholes but I guess thats the Cali in them. And some know their stuff.
Yeah, you've got to read a bunch of shit to get a few bits of good info but it's there.

turboed-tx-20

I'm no expert but i have learned alot about my pump set up this year but still have a long way to go.
First i got all the measurments and wrote them down before i started,ride plate angle,shoe depth,loader depth,nozzle size.
So far i have only tested intake pressure @ 10:00 on the suction housing and made shoe depth changes according to what pressure i seen,next year i am going to test in 2 places.
you want consistent water pressure above 40 psi during a pass but not much above 60 or so.MOst impotant is what the pressure is @ on the big end.If it is too much you'll have shut down problems and not enough you'll loose some performance.You may be able to get away with more or less pressure,just depends.
Shoe depth is important,a good starting point is 1/8 to 1/4" above the keel line,don't go below keel line for any reason,a small change will make a big difference.I change it .060 @ a time with some shims that i made.
Also do you have a back cut shoe?Those hulls like a  backcut, that helps with the lift on the big end.
You wedge the droop down and raise the ride plate to free  it up .
Nozzle changes make a big difference in suction pressure also,smaller nozzle higher pressure.
I would get all the measurments and a garmin hand held gps and find out where your @ and make one change @ a time and see what it does,you'll be surprised what a small move may make and you'l learn wheather it was a positive change or not.
Give us all your measurments and nozzle size and will bench race all winter,by spring we will have it dialed in.  :grin:

J C Gordon

Thanks for the info, I'm at work until tuesday, I'll get some measurements when I get home. Gonna get her dialed in the summer for sure. I think there is alot left on the table, I've got enough horsepower just gotta make it work. Its like a drag car, horsepower aint jack unless you can get it to the ground. Any others got anything to add? This is some great info so post your opinions and share your knowledge to us beginners.  clap.gif