Boaters Safety course

Crusader

My 9 year old son and I decided to take a boaters safety course this spring. I figure that if I'm going to teach my kids good boating safety habits, well I have to lead by example. My son, though he's 9, is not old enough to get a Boaters safety card however I told him that I need him to take the course with me so he can "Keep me in-line and safe" just in-case I screw up while out on the water. Lol.

Anyway, here's the link to the course we're taking in case you guys are interested.

http://www.boat-ed.com/tx/index.htm?gclid=CNrX9uzBzqcCFcW8KgodfBMmFA

Crusader

Ya, that's cool. While at work I've been peeking at the course and doing a little studying. Good stuff for sure.

73 Sanger Flat

Crusader said:
Ya, that's cool. While at work I've been peeking at the course and doing a little studying. Good stuff for sure.

I would have to study to be able to pass all of the question they ask on that test ..
I thought just you put gas in the boat  and go .. LOL ..

Crusader

Since we are coming up on a busy holiday weekend, this would be a prime oportunity to mention a Vessel safety inspection.

Crusader

Red Horse said:
I need to go get mine for this year.

Ya, me too. The kids and I watched the DVD that came with the course, we just need to finish up the test. I think I'll do that tonight.

TwZtiD

in high school AG class offered hunters&boaters safety courses i pass them but after 9 years i have lost the cards they send you. as for the vessel inspection the uscg was at the ramp at canyon checking your ride before you launched. i passed!!!  :smile16: